PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Player on board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GUITARLAW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: New Player on board Reply with quote

Hello all, I have enjoyed and learned from you all since starting Cris`s coarse. been out of music 30 years doing the family work 7 days a week thing. got back into music to play blues so my guitar can cry my memories and am getting into jazz for that wonderful addition of the mental stimulation, both forms help to cleanse my soul... hope I can fit in as you-all seem like a great group of players..... Michael
user45

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be the first to say welcome, from one new member to another. Your story sounds so familar, I picked up the guitar again after a near life ending illness last year and have been enjoying myself since. Great tool to play away the daily stress of work. Again, welcome aboard.
GUITARLAW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

user45, Thanks for the welcome. music does seem to quiet the beast within, not to mention it helps use remember what is actually worth while in this crazy world we live in now.... Michael
L4sleeko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and come on in . . . the water is warm. Very Happy
What do you play? -Steve

?;^)~
GUITARLAW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, thanks for the welcome. what do I play, in honesty I make poor attempts at the classics like wes etc etc. the thing that got me playing agin was I saw a cd of dianna kroll in paris and the music blew me away and made a connection to all the so called standards I knew when I was young,these were the music played in the 60`s for the people my age group now,of coarse back then I was into hendrics and bb king etc etc but the music of the real jazz players still got into my being. so this time I am forceing myself to really learn music theory and the basics before I begin to worry about what I play... of coarse the crying of my guitar in a blues does help..... Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: