PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scott Kinsey: Kinesthetics, CD Release October

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Scott Kinsey: Kinesthetics, CD Release October Reply with quote

Thought some may be interested, my little bro's CD is finally coming in October. Lot of great players on this one. Here's some info:

Kinesthetics features a stellar cast of Scott Kinsey on keyboards along with Scott Henderson (guitar), Michael Landau (guitar), Jinshi Ozaki (acoustic guitar), Steve Tavaglione (sax), Kirk Covington (drums), Cyril Atef (drums, perc, vox), Vinnie Colaiuta (drums), Gary Willis (bass), Abraham Laboriel Sr. (bass), Armand Sabal-Lecco (bass), Jimmy Earl (bass), Robert Hurst III (acoustic bass), Paul Shihadeh (bass),Alex Acuna (percussion), Arto Tuncboyaciyan (percussion, vox, beer bottle), Brad Dutz (percussion), Satnam Ramgotra (tablas), Tim Hagans (trumpet), Mammady Keita (sampled vox & percussion) and Ronald Bruner Jr. (drums).

Also, I've been meaning to share for a while, any Uncle Moe's Space Ranch fans? The new CD was completed about a month ago, more details to follow on that as well. Wink

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
scottl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Scott Kinsey: Kinesthetics, CD Release October Reply with quote

Awesome!!! So cool he has Jinshi on it... Also, Paul Shihadeh! He played bass for one of my recitals at Berklee with Scott Kinsey and Steve Wolf on drums. Alan Pahanish from Powerman 5000 played percussion as well.

Gorecki wrote:
Thought some may be interested, my little bro's CD is finally coming in October. Lot of great players on this one. Here's some info:

Kinesthetics features a stellar cast of Scott Kinsey on keyboards along with Scott Henderson (guitar), Michael Landau (guitar), Jinshi Ozaki (acoustic guitar), Steve Tavaglione (sax), Kirk Covington (drums), Cyril Atef (drums, perc, vox), Vinnie Colaiuta (drums), Gary Willis (bass), Abraham Laboriel Sr. (bass), Armand Sabal-Lecco (bass), Jimmy Earl (bass), Robert Hurst III (acoustic bass), Paul Shihadeh (bass),Alex Acuna (percussion), Arto Tuncboyaciyan (percussion, vox, beer bottle), Brad Dutz (percussion), Satnam Ramgotra (tablas), Tim Hagans (trumpet), Mammady Keita (sampled vox & percussion) and Ronald Bruner Jr. (drums).

Also, I've been meaning to share for a while, any Uncle Moe's Space Ranch fans? The new CD was completed about a month ago, more details to follow on that as well. Wink

http://www.online-discussion.com/ScottLerner/
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Scott Kinsey: Kinesthetics, CD Release October Reply with quote

scottl wrote:
Awesome!!! So cool he has Jinshi on it... Also, Paul Shihadeh! He played bass for one of my recitals at Berklee with Scott Kinsey and Steve Wolf on drums. Alan Pahanish from Powerman 5000 played percussion as well.

I remember Wolf, he sub'd for Covington in TT for a little while. Bit of a pounder if I recall. Wink

Why ain't you on this disc Scott? Better yet, why ain't I? Laughin my arse off

BTW: Did you get personal email from me recently?

PlayJazzGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Scott Kinsey Reply with quote

Is Scott really your brother?

His band is actually amazing. I went down to the Baked Potato in LA the other night to hear it. So refreshing. He's a consummate player. He actually did a date with me on a local gig many years ago, he probably doesn't even remember, I need to re-introduce myself. A huge talent I think.

Chris
Lydisk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arto Tuncboyaciyan (percussion, vox, beer bottle)

Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Scott Kinsey Reply with quote

PlayJazzGuitar wrote:
Is Scott really your brother?

His band is actually amazing. I went down to the Baked Potato in LA the other night to hear it. So refreshing. He's a consummate player. He actually did a date with me on a local gig many years ago, he probably doesn't even remember, I need to re-introduce myself. A huge talent I think.

Chris

Yep, thought you knew? Glad you went to see him, was Henderson in town or not, I don't remember? By all means, say hello. He's a good guy and always been a pretty scarey player. Wink

Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lydisk wrote:

Cool

Taking percussion to a whole new level. Thumbs Up!

Yagyu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lydisk wrote:

Cool

anyone know how to pronounce his name? Very Happy
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Update! Reply with quote

The official press release is out, get your pre-order boys! Razz

http://www.abstractlogix.com/newsletter/kinseyreleaseablx.htm

Yagyu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This free shipping when preordering is also international or only US, does anybody know?
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yagyu wrote:
This free shipping when preordering is also international or only US, does anybody know?

Goodness thanks for saying something!

European Release Info:

CD Kinesthetics will be released on November 13th on Joe Zawinul's label BirdJam!

Sorry man. Neutral

Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Got Mine! Reply with quote

Well I know I'm biased and I know I recognize elements of Scott that most don't but....WOW! It's a great disc! Absolutely not something for the Attention Deficit Disorder sort of listener. He so seemlessly blends world music, bebob elements and great sounding technology without it sounding 'synthetic'. He (and the rest of the players) cover so much harmony change so quickly I can hardly keep up!

I remember a long time ago someone calling him 'the Joe Zawinul of the new millenium', but...damned if they're not right. I wouldn't know how else to put it. Shocked

It's not a heavy guitar player release, Henderson and Landau are not overwhelming parts of the release but certainly there.

Folks, if you get it, let me know what you think. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: