PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So where does everyone live?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cruxiform

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorking in Surrey, UK. There appears to be quite a few jazz nights going on round here and I'm also 30 miles from the centre of London so I'm spoilt for choice really Cool

Rob
jazzplease

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think I posted here yet.

I live in Nara, Japan. Less than an hour from Osaka, 2 hours from Kobe and Kyoto. Good jazz all over the place, but Im a bit too lazy to go see it. And if only I could speak more Japanese so I could learn more from them all! They're dead friendly!

Oh, and Im from Ireland.

"Temptation,
Temptation,
Temptation.
I just can't resist."
T. W.
jazzplease

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was always interested in the culture basicly. Then I saw a good job oppurtunity as an English teacher here (JET programme) so I went for it and got it - which kinda surprised me. They put me in a senior high school in a small town here in Nara.

I came straight out of university to this job with no teaching experience so I learnt a lot very quickly about teaching English, and I feel pretty comfortable in the job now. Im gonna be here....for at least another 2 years as thats how long I can extend my contract on this job. I love Japan though. There are a lot of oppurtunities and people are happy to have me around, and I don't have anything going on in Ireland, so there's no reason to leave.

Thats it basicly. I only recently got into jazz, but I was happy to realise what a great scene there is out here.

"Temptation,
Temptation,
Temptation.
I just can't resist."
T. W.
johnficken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also from the Southern California area, just outside of Los Angeles, to be exact...

..first post to the Forum, and happy to be here! Very Happy

John
thomasross20

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzplease wrote:
Well, I was always interested in the culture basicly. Then I saw a good job oppurtunity as an English teacher here (JET programme) so I went for it and got it - which kinda surprised me. They put me in a senior high school in a small town here in Nara.

I came straight out of university to this job with no teaching experience so I learnt a lot very quickly about teaching English, and I feel pretty comfortable in the job now. Im gonna be here....for at least another 2 years as thats how long I can extend my contract on this job. I love Japan though. There are a lot of oppurtunities and people are happy to have me around, and I don't have anything going on in Ireland, so there's no reason to leave.

Thats it basicly. I only recently got into jazz, but I was happy to realise what a great scene there is out here.

So you have to leave Japan in two years, or get a new job there?
JET program?
I'm about to leave uni soon (electronics), and some people have mentioned teaching English abroad. Could be fun! But I don't speak any foreign languages, so I don't know how I'd communicate! If you've got any info on it, I'd appreciate it Smile Feel free to pm or whatever.. Have a great day! Very Happy
http://www.soundclick.com/vivify
www.myspace.com/73680701
hanni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ups.......how do this work, music and only one language?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: