PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JazzAge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Another new guy here. Just came across the forum this past weekend and thought it was very informative. Been playing for many years as a hobby. Different styles from time to time, depending on where my head and ears were at the time. Jazz and blues are always on top though. New Year's resolution is to try to play/practice more often. Really need it. In more ways than one. Truly dig going to jazz clubs and hearing live music. Don't get the opportunity as much as I did years ago when I was single and without family responsibilities. "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"...... Sorry, could not resist that. But, I'm certain many of you have been in that situation. Anyway, looking forward to good posts, good advice and recommendations of good recordings. Thanks for listening.............JazzAge
JazzAge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Igiro - I'll check into it. Heard that Tower Records store was going out of business due in large part to on-line CD sales. Wonder if they plan on keeping Towerrecords.com alive to compete with the others?
PaulD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, JazzAge.

Paul
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, JazzAge.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We certainly are getting a lot of Jersey / Philly boys here.

Welcome! Thumbs Up!

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
JazzAge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transplanted New Yorker I am. Born and raised in Brooklyn. Love Jersey though. Especially the shore area. Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
L4sleeko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, a transplanted New Yorker. Me too JazzAge. Only you didn't move far enough south. Laughing I'am in North Carolina. Welcome. Cool

?;^)~
beckstrat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Another "old" New Guy! Reply with quote

Hello to all. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm always looking for new chances to talk guitar and jazz with anyone who will listen. I don't get that chance much locally. Anyway, I'll be 52 in Feb. and got back into guitar about 5 years ago after many years away from music. Seems I've gone and developed quite a passion for it at this stage of my life! I can't seem to get enough. I buy and sell guitars, do some repair and set-ups and try to learn something new all the time. I recently purchased Chris's course-I'm a sucker for guitar courses, and am enjoying going through it. Lots of very helpful info there. Plus, it indroduced me to his music. I'm certainly a fan! Very nice and tasteful stuff. I look foreward to kabitzing with you all from time to time. But my real hope is to LEARN. And remember, " If you want to learn to play the saxaphone, you've got to put down that duckie." Later....
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, beckstrat.
JazzAge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome beckstrat. .... " If you want to learn to play the saxaphone, you've got to put down that duckie." Now that brings back some good memories of watching Sesame Street with my toddler son. And of course, who can forget Ludwig Von Drake's "Green With Envy Blues?"
hanni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, hallo and welcome,

here is another sucker of guitarinformation and selfe teached one Laughing have a nice time here Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: