PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superbowl XLI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed norton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much to the dismay of the local network weather freaks, it's still a fairly mild winter. My tenth winter in the place where I started. I want snow. I grew up in So. cal, so I like snow. In Cally it's the rainy season in Feb., and you start tanning in March. I'll bet it's butt cold up where Nezumi is, and Chicago is notoriously cold.
Gotta go with Indy tomorrow. My local sports guy has been calling Peyton Manning a fraud for years, so I'm pulling for Peyton. I hope he doesn't choke like Mcnabb did. If ya wanna talk football maybe we could start a thread. see ya..........
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding, I've been watching Manning play since college, the dude's for real all right. My better half is a big fan, being kind of weird when we're in an area where you don't want to say 'Colts' to loud, you'll get egged!

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
ed norton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard conceded that Peyton is the best recenteley, but they did talk allot of trash on Peyton for a few years.He's great . My pick Indy 31 Bears 28.
question: do old school Baltimore people still root for the Colts?
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed norton wrote:

question: do old school Baltimore people still root for the Colts?

Very, very few. Most are still really ticked off about the whole 'sneak off in the middle of the night' thing. They did go quite a few years without a team at all. Confused

mr. beaumont

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears 27, Colts 21.

it's six below this morning. too bad peyton and his dome team don't have to play in this...i didn't believe in "bear weather" until i saw the saints freeze up two weeks ago.
“For the guitar is the most unpredictable and least reliable musical instrument in existence...and also the sweetest, the warmest, the most delicate, whose melancholic voice awakes in our soul exquisite reveries.”

Andres Segovia
ed norton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they are still The New Orleans "Aints", cause they aint ever been there. The Eagles should of beat them, but aliens ate coach Reid's brain again.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this games nuts and it's only half time!

ed norton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince sounded like crap. Same thing happened to Keith Richards a couple years ago. I like Prince, but I think he should hire a guitarist. I doubt he plays unless he is performing. In 1981 I saw a young Prince get booed off the stage at the La Coliseum. He was opening for The Rolling Stones. His guitar sounded awful and he was dressed in ladies underwear, he didn't last 5 minutes. People threw sodas, shoes all kinds of stuff. I was right up front. 2 years later my sisters had posters of him all over their wall. I still think he is an overated guitarists.
Sorry Mr. B I know the loss hurts, but hey you guys had all those Michael Jordan championships in the 90's. The Eagles haven't won since 1960. I wrote a song about it, but I didn't play it for anyone. I was afraid they would blame me if The Eagles lost, and sure enough The Eagles lost .
MarkE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed norton wrote:
Much to the dismay of the local network weather freaks, it's still a fairly mild winter. My tenth winter in the place where I started. I want snow. I grew up in So. cal, so I like snow. In Cally it's the rainy season in Feb., and you start tanning in March. I'll bet it's butt cold up where Nezumi is, and Chicago is notoriously cold.
Gotta go with Indy tomorrow. My local sports guy has been calling Peyton Manning a fraud for years, so I'm pulling for Peyton. I hope he doesn't choke like Mcnabb did. If ya wanna talk football maybe we could start a thread. see ya..........

Well, I guess it's a big congratulations to the Colts. They deserved it. I am disappointed that God was only on the Colts side and was against the Bears. I can't believe these guys always say that "God helped them to succeed" after winning some sports event. I don't think God really cares about football at all.

Mark E (Ibanez guy)
MarkE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lgiro wrote:
MarkE wrote:
ed norton wrote:

Well, I guess it's a big congratulations to the Colts. They deserved it. I am disappointed that God was only on the Colts side and was against the Bears. I can't believe these guys always say that "God helped them to succeed" after winning some sports event. I don't think God really cares about football at all.

i think that they mean God helped them with their endeavors, and that he made it possible. i think that they are trying to be humble about their accomplishments.

I agree that the owner, manager and QB displayed a very humble attitude. But comments like that insinuate that God was not helping the Bears.

Mark E (Ibanez guy)
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie and Tony (Coaches) are both men of faith. They believe strongly in their faith. Silly sounding things can result from persons like this but I would suggest taking it in stride.

I recall playing softball for a Pub a few years ago and while playing a game the opposing team (being from a church) was saying things like 'GOD is on our side', and we responded 'Are you sure, you're losing 9 - 0..' Rolling Eyes

I think Prince did an okay job. He was getting a nice Hendrix'ish sound out of that strat.

Frankly if I see the Rolling Stones not able to play their own 30 yr old cheese ball tunes on national broadcast again, I'm going to hurl! It's shameful and disrespectful to the audience who pays sick amounts of money to see them screw up their own material. Know when to quit folks! Rolling Eyes

ed norton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought maybe Keith couldn't hear himself, the direct sound was so much different than the sound he uses. Maybe he was just drunk, who knows, they probably got their money anyway. Prince played in the rain and kept it real raw. Wrong guy to emulate though, Wes was from Indianapolis Indiana. The strat sounded good on the lead notes but the chords were so muffled, same with Keith. I think it's that direct sound. Anyway he did it in the rain, and pulled it off. He's plays allright, but it's a little annoying that the indie press calls him a guitar virtuoso.
mr. beaumont

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed norton wrote:

Sorry Mr. B I know the loss hurts, but hey you guys had all those Michael Jordan championships in the 90's. The Eagles haven't won since 1960. I wrote a song about it, but I didn't play it for anyone. I was afraid they would blame me if The Eagles lost, and sure enough The Eagles lost .

don't worry about it. i know plenty of sports pain. i'm a cubs fan.
“For the guitar is the most unpredictable and least reliable musical instrument in existence...and also the sweetest, the warmest, the most delicate, whose melancholic voice awakes in our soul exquisite reveries.”

Andres Segovia
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed norton wrote:
I thought maybe Keith couldn't hear himself, the direct sound was so much different than the sound he uses. Maybe he was just drunk, who knows, they probably got their money anyway. Prince played in the rain and kept it real raw. Wrong guy to emulate though, Wes was from Indianapolis Indiana. The strat sounded good on the lead notes but the chords were so muffled, same with Keith. I think it's that direct sound. Anyway he did it in the rain, and pulled it off. He's plays allright, but it's a little annoying that the indie press calls him a guitar virtuoso.

Yeah, I noticed Princes chord work was pretty muddy but suspect it was more the sound he was playing then the reenforcement.

Richards on the other hand...pfft, no excuse. He screwed up during the first Monday Night game from Detroit that season as well. I didn't ever notice Ronnie Wood screwing up only Richards. Maybe he should seriously consider getting yet another blood transfusion and discovering GOD! Laughin my arse off Oh my ????? Laughin my arse off

Mr. Green

Rolland Harrison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince's best performance ever...
(Man the guy can shoot some hoops).. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYXUZ-jBPg4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: