PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Vikings are coming?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could finally enter your site Very Happy ....

I have heard the ''Wijnen, Winter & Larsen'' tunes and Corcovado....
You play great man.....

I also like the guy on organ on the first 2 tunes, he have some nice cool lines, and a nice humoristic/chilled/layed back feel in the intro of his solo on Sience later.
And you 3 have a really nice groove together....

Nice Duet with Mette Burild, She is Danish right??
Does she live in the Netherlands too, or is she i Denmark??

Later...........

Bjørn.
Jens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments!

I am indeed very fortunate in playing with good people, Bob Wijnen, the organ player and founder of the band is on tour in Indonesia with a band right now(playing brazilian music byt the way). He is incredible on organ and on piano! The drummer and I go way back, we used to open a session together every tuesday for 2 1/2 years and we played in several different bands together. When he asked me for that gig he really helped me gain a lot of experience on the job. We even played the session on 9/11, and only the people who did not hear about the attack came...
That trio is also in the rhythm section of two big bands at the moment, and actually both bands recorded within the last 3 months, maybe I'll put some of that on there. I need to check if they'll let me though, and I did not get one of the recordings yet.

I am not sure where Mette is right now. I think she is in Holland because her boyfriend is playing here at the moment and they were in Africa. The last I heard they don't know where they want to settle for now.
Actually the recording was quite spontaneous, we rehearsed some tunes and then she went to Dk and when we were going to record she had found some other tunes and we recorded them. Then they went to Africa and nothing happend. When I was putting my website together in January I thought I would at least use some of them there as I was very happy with the result.

Jens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: