PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chord Book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzwat8takes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Chord Book Reply with quote

It seems to me that comping is very much important when you want to sing your favorite song over an acoustic guitar for any solo presention. The bad thing is I my comping is limited to basic open and bar chords. I really envy those who can make any popular song to sound very amazing over an acoustic guitar. You see the challenge is that it is only your voice and one acoustic guitar. Anyone can suggest a book which covers techniques on comping, spread voicings, other voicing that sounds great over acoustic guitar, chord progressions and the likes... I've heard that Ted Greene's book is good but which book of him? I just want my solo performance sounds best over my acoustic guitar. Thanks guys...
hanni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donīt know a book of this, but a big chord chart:

www.guitarspace.de

- click on the word ---- Gitarre ---- at the left side
- click on ----- chord - chards
- mark them with the mouse
- copy it into word
- mark it again and make it a bit smaller

- now you can print it on paper Very Happy
mattwolfe3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book by Ted Greene is Chord Chemistry:

http://www.amazon.com/Chord-Chemistry-Ted-Greene/dp/0898986966/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-2291212-7378552?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192589769&sr=8-1
hanni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzwat8takes wrote:
It seems to me that comping is very much important when you want to sing your favorite song over an acoustic guitar for any solo presention. The bad thing is I my comping is limited to basic open and bar chords. I really envy those who can make any popular song to sound very amazing over an acoustic guitar. You see the challenge is that it is only your voice and one acoustic guitar. Anyone can suggest a book which covers techniques on comping, spread voicings, other voicing that sounds great over acoustic guitar, chord progressions and the likes... I've heard that Ted Greene's book is good but which book of him? I just want my solo performance sounds best over my acoustic guitar. Thanks guys...

now this have nothing to do with jazz, but it helped me to sing jazz,
you can tune your singing voice too if you want to do a performance, do you know: gregorian masters of chant chapter IV? , itīs a cd to sing along, Very Happy at the background you can hear a guitar and you can try to play along, these are pop songs with a gregorian voicing maybe you allready know them Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: