PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

deleted counterfeit guitar spam thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Information & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Generic Sobriquet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: deleted counterfeit guitar spam thread Reply with quote

I noticed this was deleted. I understand wanting to delete a spammer (and I assume ban it), but might I suggest it would have been better to leave that particular thread up as instructional on the subject of Chinese counterfeit guitars. Public service, eh.

I say this not knowing whether you can retrieve the topic once it has been deleted.
cadence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps a stickied note about known names of counterfeiters like the one who posted.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means, you guys can create a topic and I'll pin it if desired.

You must understand, I handle A LOT of spammer accounts, example is since we migrated to the new server on October 15th, I've handled 3,380 accounts to date. Yes, well over 3,000 in less than two months. And that's just counting the two months!

So, my point is, I don't have a lot of time or patience and when I've discovered one got by me, I don't give it a lot of energy..I blow it away!

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
cadence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WOW over 3000 in a couple months is ridiculous Shocked I had no idea there were anywhere near that many, a sign of the great job you do I guess.
Generic Sobriquet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garsh. OK, it was just a thought. Maybe I'll make a topic sometime about the counterfeit guitars.
hanni

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
By all means, you guys can create a topic and I'll pin it if desired.

You must understand, I handle A LOT of spammer accounts, example is since we migrated to the new server on October 15th, I've handled 3,380 accounts to date. Yes, well over 3,000 in less than two months. And that's just counting the two months!

So, my point is, I don't have a lot of time or patience and when I've discovered one got by me, I don't give it a lot of energy..I blow it away!

ooohh, ups, so much, but these are a lot the last days, had 260 each day at my mail box and im using a spamfilter, it seems they can switch a spamfilter off, the worst thing is if they come without a date, they dont deleted by them self, do you have a little programm to kick them off?
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a lot of the emails too. Mostly my playjazzguitar email account, place is a Spammer! magnet.

I wrote a process to handle the accounts more quickly before I just up and quit. But, it doesn't prevent them from signing up. I've done all I can in that area. Confused

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
hanni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems every music page at the net is a magnet for blue and smile pill promotors (you know what i mean) it never was so easy to get them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Information & Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: