PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Band-In-A-Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Recording Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caveman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Band-In-A-Box Reply with quote

Very Happy

Hi, I'm a newbie here, and in jazz too!

I just wanted to contribute with something to the forum, because I loved the idea of sharing different point of views with other people in jazz learning!

So, I just wanted to say that I tried the music software called band-in-a-box. It's a terrific application that let's you jam in huges styles and songs, and for most of the instruments. You can even let the software improvise a solo over some tunes in many different styles (Wes Montgomery, etc.) and in different instruments!

And best of all, is the realbook tunes all of them prepared for the band-in-a-box software, so you can practice your improvisation, play along the melody, or just study the tune!

Here's the site:

http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm

Best wishes,

Caveman from Portugal Cool
colin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: band in a box Reply with quote

Hi.
I've been using this software since the days when an Atari ST was the midi device to have. Its long since died a death. But "BIAB" still remains a great piece of software.

Colin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIAB is the way to go. I've used it since Version 5. Fantastic program
ron45

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you in pc land the new 07 and 08 versions of BiaB have really, really, fine drums for jazz and fusion/jazz pop. It's almost worth the hell of using a pc. The DXI sounds are not bad and better than the VSC that used to come with Biab. These drum parts are well recorded samples. The feel and sound you have to hear to believe. Altho in the Terry Clarke jazz drum samples the fills are too loud for my tastes.

Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Recording Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: