PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Information & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pitchpocket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Search function Reply with quote

ok, how in the world does the search function discriminate on this forum? It has been frustrating to say the least.

I enter the two words:

bebop scales, "bebop scales" bebop AND scales, bebopANDscales

in all cases I get almost the exact same 17 pages of hits that single out the word bebop or scales, but it won't give me "bebop scales".

Is there any way to get the results for the two words together and not just one at a time?
JakeJew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 I hate this aspect of the search function here
pitchpocket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be the most basic of keyword search functions with little functionality beyond one word. Too bad since there is a wealth of information on this site. It's hard to find enough time to wade through 400 hits to find what you really want. No help files are offered either. Is a software upgrade out of the question?
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I just ran the search and this topic was first on the list. Laughin my arse off

Make sure you select 'Search for all terms' and list as 'Posts' not 'Topics', it helps a bit.

Search feature basically works but it is a freeware forum software so it's not quite the google/yahoo engine. I really don't have any trouble finding things when I search. Maybe it just likes me. Wink

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
pitchpocket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally understand. Normally a single word works ok, but wanting to find two consecutive words was killing me yesterday. Maybe we should pass the hat for a software upgrade!
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitchpocket wrote:
Totally understand. Normally a single word works ok, but wanting to find two consecutive words was killing me yesterday. Maybe we should pass the hat for a software upgrade!

Sure, make checks payable to:

<--------------- Awesome!

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Information & Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: