PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peckerwood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: new member Reply with quote

i'm really excited to be a part of this forum, i haven't been jazzed [pun intended] about an online community in a long time. a little about myself:

i'm 21, been playing guitar since i was a freshman in high school. my dad and his friends were all folk/blues players so i got some great jam sessions behind my belt when i was younger. i've always been drawn to what many call "lead" guitar, simply because all the kids my age had their heads up ther asses when it came to decent music. i wanted to bring back shred and be a guitar hero, to put it bluntly.

after years of pursuing that, i know that fast playing and rock riffs are definitely not the end-all journey for me in music; i love so many things about so many genres that i'll never be able to satisfy my craving for them all in my lifetime. i've been playing jazz for about three years, but playing guitar in big band ensembles taught me little about jazz music, oddly enough. it wasn't until i started seeking answers on my own did i realize how little i know. i've spent the past four months learning scale/chord relationships and really trying to dig deep into the sounds i love. django brought me into jazz in particular, like so many rock guitarists. i'm going to school to major in music education and i've completed two years of general music, so i feel like this musical transformation into couldn't have happened without that.

anyways, thanks for reading, and i'm looking forward to learning from all you talented cats on here.
JakeJew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! There is occasional good discussion on this board. Wink
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

You write very well. I'm sure you'll make an excellent teacher.
hanni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome, i think you are a good player Wink

some here are django and gipsy jazz fanīs, me too, have fun .... later
Alexo66

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome man. You'll have fun here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: