PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backing tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Emerging Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jokron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Backing tracks Reply with quote

Since I make my own backing tracks sometime, I thought I could share them with you...

I' planning to put them on this site:

http://jazzguitar.kronqvist.org/

For now there is only one, but since I'm on summer vacation for four weeks I hope to clean up some of the others and put them there as well...

I use BIAB to make the miditracks, import them to Cubase and assign some VSTi's to the tracks to get a better sound.

Please tell me what you think of the idea...and are there any legal aspects on recording chord changes? I don't think so, there are a lot of tunes with the same chord changes so I guess calling the tunes a different name and write new melodies and lyrics isn't wrong...or is it?

/Jokron

Miles Davis
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Backing tracks Reply with quote

jokron wrote:
Please tell me what you think of the idea...and are there any legal aspects on recording chord changes? I don't think so, there are a lot of tunes with the same chord changes so I guess calling the tunes a different name and write new melodies and lyrics isn't wrong...or is it?

Realistically, the only time legal is involved is if you are A. Distributing someone elses creation (book, music, software) and/or B. Charging a price for it! If let's say you create an exact version of 'Autumn Leaves' in midi. As long as you 'give it away' you're fine. But the moment someone uses that midi to record the song for a CD or what have you and sell it. Licencing fees at that point apply. Wink

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
hermosotrozo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Backing tracks Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
jokron wrote:

Realistically, the only time legal is involved is if you are A. Distributing someone elses creation (book, music, software) and/or B. Charging a price for it! If let's say you create an exact version of 'Autumn Leaves' in midi. As long as you 'give it away' you're fine. But the moment someone uses that midi to record the song for a CD or what have you and sell it. Licencing fees at that point apply. Wink

ha ha! good observation...btw, there are maximum number of singars performers surviving on this method only, what we all in computer language copy/paste/modify stuff! so how can we discuss their livelihoods, all these poor chaps will die of anonymity and hunger!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Emerging Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: