PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eastman cord jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitar Repair & Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Eastman cord jack Reply with quote

I just got my Eastman 803ce a couple of weeks ago and noticed the jack mounted on the side of the guitar has very little resistance to being plugged in. I also noticed that all the ones I have tried at the local music store share that same quality. Even though the cord hasn't fallen out it doesn't seem like it would take much for that to happen. Has anyone else noticed this on their Eastmans ? I would install a better one but I bet it would be a big job to access it.
Dave
sunflower

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,
Or .... easier fix maybe
Get a Right jack angle cord and loop it over your strap
won't pull out then
randyc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunflower wrote:
Hi ,
Or .... easier fix maybe
Get a Right jack angle cord and loop it over your strap
won't pull out then

Excellent idea - functional and WAY more attractive than a looped straight plug !
jlc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superdave,

I have the 803 16D two pup model, and the 1/4 inch jack goes in about 2/3's of the way smoothly, not a lot of resistance, but the last third is snug and then snaps in very securely. a no name cable and the one i use 99% of the time is a monster jazz cable, both seem exactly the same.

peace
superdave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I took my Eastman down to Elderly last week to get the ends of the frets dressed and told the tech about the jack. It now works just like yours. Feels very sturdy now. 12 bucks for frets and jack repair. How can you beat that now adays. I struggled buying an Asian import at first as some have commented here on the forum, but having less funds available and playing multiple instruments,and last but not least the quality of my Eastman I pulled the trigger. I would still like to get a Guild, or Gibby like I use to have but for now this is my best option.
Dave
jlc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SD,

My Eastman is strung with 54 - 13, these are the heaviest flatwounds that i have on any guitar. the frets on mine are more vintage in feel, lower, wider, and the action is low and smooth. Honestly Dave we are never really totally content, we are always, at least i am to some extent lusting for some other guitar, but truthfully i don't think we will find a pure archtop that delivers any better for the price or possibly double the price.

If and only if i hit the lottery will i seek out an L5 signature and or a byrdland. I have definitely lusted after these two forever.

You got a great deal on the fret and jack issue, Elderly definitely treated you right, good for them and you.

peace
superdave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLC, Your absolutely correct about the Eastman 803 ce D model. I played several high end guitars at Elderly and then mine and I actually in several ways liked mine over them, especially the price. I will admit as most already know that the finish is very fragile, and it probably will not look as good in 10 yrs. as some of the older U.S. made guitars but I'm almost 60 so I've gotten past that. Thanks for the reply from the Eastman camp.
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitar Repair & Upgrades All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: