PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOLD: Genuine Vintage DeArmond FHC-C Guitar Mike Pickup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Gear Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallenarches

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: SOLD: Genuine Vintage DeArmond FHC-C Guitar Mike Pickup Reply with quote

SOLD: A genuine vintage DeArmond FHC-C Guitar Mike pickup.

It's in excellent condition, there is no pitting or corrosion on the chrome, the felts are in very good condition, and it's the complete set up. Included is the FHC-C pickup, volume control box, and "monkey stick" with all of the original mounting hardware. The wiring and solder connections are original and in excellent condition as well.

This is the model with the detachable jack cable so you can leave the pickup and volume control mounted on your guitar. The only piece that isn't original is the jack cable. The jack cable included is high quality and it's made with the same genuine Switchcraft set-screw connector as the original DeArmond cables.

Vintage DeArmond tone that has never been duplicated.

$250 plus $4.95 USPS Priority Mail shipping.

bobd04@verizon.net

Thanks.
Bob

Last edited by fallenarches on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
greentone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallenarches,

I gave this pickup to my bandmate. He has it on his pre-war Gibson L-7. I used it on different archtops through the years. It is the cat's whiskers, man. This model pickup simply sounds better than any other pickup I've owned other than the original Charlie Christian pickup. Good luck with your sale--this pickup is KILLER.
fallenarches

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: SOLD Reply with quote

greentone wrote:
fallenarches,

I gave this pickup to my bandmate. He has it on his pre-war Gibson L-7. I used it on different archtops through the years. It is the cat's whiskers, man. This model pickup simply sounds better than any other pickup I've owned other than the original Charlie Christian pickup. Good luck with your sale--this pickup is KILLER.

Thanks man. I agree. Vintage DeArmond pickups sound incredible. This one was all original except for the jack cord and in near-mint condition.

I listed it on eBay where it sold for over $200 to a buyer in Australia. Smile

Best,
Bob
sunflower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much should I pay for one with adjustable polepieces
and tone and volume controls ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Gear Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: