PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Certificates from Berklee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeremyA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Certificates from Berklee. Reply with quote

Has anyone here taken any classes through BerkleeMusic, Berklee's online program?

I'm thinking about signing up for the Master Certificate program for guitar, and I'm just wondering if it's worth it. There are a few reasons I'm thinking about taking it: 1) to learn more about music and the guitar, obviously 2) I think having the certificate will help me get more teaching jobs, which I'm interested in doing in the future, and 3) because I'm considering the possibility of going to Berklee or another school in the future, and figure the online classes could not only be a way to test the waters, but also could help me get in, if I do well. Some of the credits are transferable.

Anyone taken any of these classes? Any strong feelings one way or the other about Berklee in general?
hanni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking the same like you some time ago but berklee is to expensive, some weeks ago i meet a teacher from the terra musica school in italy at the guitarspace chatroom, he often have students from berklee at summer between the semesters, it seems to get such a certif is hard, i donīt let this summer school out of my eyes and want to try to get a place in two years, here is the link from the terra musica school http://www.musikurlaub.com/Pages/just-songs-advanced.html , country language is italien, school langueage is english and german, six hours school each day, they have a dormitory, a campground and itīs at the area toscana
JeremyA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I decided to go for it. I start on Monday. I'll let you all know what it's like.
JeremyA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I almost forgot I'd started this thread.

For anyone who's interested, I ended up deciding to wait until this upcoming semester to start. So, I start next week.
hanni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh fine, i wish the best and good luck........ i have a lot of music work too, that means 1 hour guitar playing, 1 hour reading english books and 1 hour singing practice, our choir leader keeps care of a clean english and donīt want to see anyone with a peace of paper in his hand Confused
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremy, Let us know what it's like. Good luck. I know you'll do great.
guitaradelic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Certificate program Reply with quote

Most definately! Keep us posted. I almost pulled the trigger, but I guess maybe I don't consider myself good enough to invest $10K.
hanni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything changed, i am not at the music school in italy now, live was a bit hard and i end as a learner of churchmusic and jazz at the moment Smile) funny what else could hapen. (and mounts of homework)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: