PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another new guy again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henryrobinett

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Another new guy again Reply with quote

Hello. My name is Henry Robinett. First look at the forum and first post. I'm noticing that it looks like nobody uses their own real name? I'm a member of a lot of forums and I have always used my own name. I hope there isn't a real serious reason to be anonymous here that I can't see.

Anyway I've been playing professionally for over 35 years. Always jazz or fusion or something related to jazz in a big way.

I now play and teach music, jazz and guitar at a couple of colleges. I also own a couple of recording studios - one in my home for basic tracking, writing, arranging, mixing and mastering and the other outside my home, downtown if you will, for my band to rehearse and for me to record others. My home rig also doubles as a remote rig for recording my bands and others.

I've lived and played in NYC, SF, Munich, Vienna but have made my home in Sacramento most of my life.

Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all!
JakeJew

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new guy again Reply with quote

Henryrobinett wrote:
Hello. My name is Henry Robinett. First look at the forum and first post. I'm noticing that it looks like nobody uses their own real name? I'm a member of a lot of forums and I have always used my own name. I hope there isn't a real serious reason to be anonymous here that I can't see.

Anyway I've been playing professionally for over 35 years. Always jazz or fusion or something related to jazz in a big way.

I now play and teach music, jazz and guitar at a couple of colleges. I also own a couple of recording studios - one in my home for basic tracking, writing, arranging, mixing and mastering and the other outside my home, downtown if you will, for my band to rehearse and for me to record others. My home rig also doubles as a remote rig for recording my bands and others.

I've lived and played in NYC, SF, Munich, Vienna but have made my home in Sacramento most of my life.

Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all!

I use a fake name so that nobody can find me and kill me when I fly off the handle and lose my temper!
Henryrobinett

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. Using my name helps keep me from flying off the handle making me worried that people might track me down to kill me!

Henry Robinett
www.henryrobinett.com
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Henry! Razz

Generally speaking it isn't a good idea to use real identity information on public media. In about 17 seconds I derived your phone number and home address with what little information you've already given. That simple of discloser makes you a pretty easy target for some sicko. Confused

Now in saying all that, I don't try all that hard to restrict mine but...I have serious network security in my home and I have a couple of dogs that will shred any uninvited visitor leaving just enough behind to show me how good they were while I was gone. Wink

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Henryrobinett

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well anyone could always get my phone number and not too long ago my address from the phone book. I've been doing the forum thing since before there was the internet - back in 1985 and up to this time never had a bad experience. I'd rather believe in the positive side of human nature than promote the negative. Neither my phone number or addresses are confidential information, AFAIC.

Henry Robinett
www.henryrobinett.com
Henryrobinett

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a little way, I distrust people who don't have the courage to put their real names to their posts. They can pretend they're hidden and can tend to be ruder. I don't like that personally. I can't ask people to change, but I can.

Henry Robinett
www.henryrobinett.com
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henryrobinett wrote:
In a little way, I distrust people who don't have the courage to put their real names to their posts. They can pretend they're hidden and can tend to be ruder. I don't like that personally. I can't ask people to change, but I can.

Yeah, unfortunately there is some truth to that. Around here for the most part folks are fairly genuine and well behaved, so hopefully your experience will be a good one. Peace!

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
stratocasturbator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and don't be alarmed if some of our Nigerian members contact you about some help with the use of your ss# and passport ID. you see there are literally hundreds of gorgeous unplayed archtops in a warehouse there and they just need some help getting them out. Cool
Henryrobinett

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

Henry Robinett
www.henryrobinett.com
M

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Henry! M is my real initial, btw. Wink
Henryrobinett

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M wrote:
Welcome, Henry! M is my real initial, btw. Wink
Thank you. And don't worry. Your secret's safe with me!

Henry Robinett
www.henryrobinett.com
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Henry. Welcome!
PaulD

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Henry. I remember you from the Guitar Player forums a few years ago. I always got a lot out of your posts. Very glad to see you here!

Paul
Henryrobinett

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PaulD and jazzerchick! Much appreciated.

Henry Robinett
www.henryrobinett.com
Jazzy

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Henry Smile

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: