PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodbye
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddinjax

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Goodbye Reply with quote

Goodbye everyone Sad This forum used to be a nice community of enthusiastic, thoughtful, helpful and friendly people interested in learning and sharing what they already know. Well, it's not that anymore. Hell, it's often not even ABOUT jazz guitar anymore. The assholes have taken over and driven away so many good folks around here; I just can't stand it any longer.
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Goodbye.
M

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Question Question

(Must've missed something ...)
JakeJew

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M wrote:
Question Question Question

(Must've missed something ...)

yeah same here, things don't seem that different to me, and there haven't even been many posts lately.
planetguy

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my next tee shirt...

I SEE THIN SKINNED PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
PaulD

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think that this is still a great site even though I don't participate as much as I used to, but that's only because my schedule doesn't allow it as much. I do still check in fairly regularly just to see what's going on, and lately it's been a little slow so I'm not quite sure what I've missed that would cause todd's departure.

Paul
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, what's the deal? I have no idea if something happened or someone had been inappropriate or what?

toddinjax, PM me if there is something I should know about or can help settle. That is my job here, well part of it. Confused

It's unfortunate but I spend more time managing user accounts and keeping the forums 'safe' then contributing and auditing. So I greatly depend on you guys to keep the peace, generally not being a problem.

Over all in the years I've been keeping house, we have had very few problems. And I'd like to solve the ones I can. Wink

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulD wrote:
Personally, I think that this is still a great site even though I don't participate as much as I used to, but that's only because my schedule doesn't allow it as much. I do still check in fairly regularly just to see what's going on, and lately it's been a little slow so I'm not quite sure what I've missed that would cause todd's departure.

Paul, from what I can see (less something was removed before I saw it) not a thing in recent history. I can see some small dynamics from months ago that appears to had been handled relatively gracefully, otherwise, dunno. Huh?

Viper

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I don't contribute so much because I don't have much more to say than I have already said. I do read though. I don't think anyone has taken over and the this remains a relatively polite site.
Jazz Playa

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still some real assholes on this site unfortunately who think everyone has to buy their opinion on things. I just let them have the low road to themselves. This place should be for discussion and sharing different viewpoints/experiences so that we can all grow.
sunflower

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easier to destroy (any fool can do that)
than to create

This is still a great forum
Jazz Playa

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, and that's one thing the assholes around here do is try to destroy other peoples viewpoints etc. Despite that there still are enough cool people around here to make it worthwhile, that's why I'm still here.

You think they would get it just like great musicians there are so many different styles, so many different approaches to playing amongst even the greatest players that they would understand that there's more than one way to get it done, more than one valid viewpoint. Unfortunately they don't seem to be able to grasp that concept so they would rather demagogue. I don't let them bother me though I have elevated my mind above that and like I said there are still a lot of cool people around here despite them.
Generic Sobriquet

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unfortunately just as it isn't against the law or worlds operation to be an asshole because realistically the majority of world leaders are assholes making the trait not only common, but somehow it's suggested the trait is desirable.

What we have as a result is nothing more than another glowing example of where ego (most often male) prevents progress or evolution. Often *people* find more pleasure or personal benefit from being postured or right than being objective or neutral. Sometimes there is justifiable reason for being postured but even then likely creates a confrontational situation that is totally avoidable. Solution is rarely pursued by simply agreeing to disagree or caring enough to work out situation to some other mutually acceptable resolve.

The pathetic part is the majority of the above occurs within a 'like minded' community of people having relative interests and desires. No wonder we can't operate as 'one world' when we can't manage to get along with the people we share commonalities. It's all rather childish when thought about!

Overall, this forum is comprised of relatively well behaved users making the need for me to be 'the bad guy' extremely minimal. But if *you* as a member feel someone is not appropriate for this community, take it upon yourself and make it known! Create a poll asking for concurrence on removing a member, but be willing to accept others may not agree.

JakeJew

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki, I really think "making it known" publicly would just result in drama. Why not just keep the content of the forum related to jazz guitar, and any issues of moderation can be up to the moderator and whoever may have the complaint?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: