PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sold~WARMOTH Strat/tele 24 3/4" Conversion Mahogany nec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Gear Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetguy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: sold~WARMOTH Strat/tele 24 3/4" Conversion Mahogany nec Reply with quote

just got this neck from WARMOTH and it's not for me. i was hoping to swing my thinline tele in more of jazz direction w this neck.....well, a tele be a tele be a tele!

ok, the neck is a 24 3/4" Conversion neck that you can pop right on a Strat or Tele to give you the shorter scale length neck you'd find on gibson or gibson style gtrs. FENDER's reg. scale length is 25 1/2".
no kiddin'...it really works! i popped it on and didn't have to adjust my bridge saddles AT ALL!

this has a stratocaster style headstock as i've always liked the look of that on a tele body. (a strat neck will fit on either a strat or tele body).

beautiful mahogany neck w light tung oil finish

indian rosewood fretboard

10" - 16" compound radius fingerboard for comfy chording and less fretting out up the neck for those big bends.

1 11/16" GraphTech Black Tusq XL nut

6150 (modern FENDER) frets (22 fret neck)

truss rod adjustment located on lower bout of heel (great idea)

FATBACK contour ...as we all know big necks = big tone

this is currently on my thinline tele and it's been played all of 20 minutes or so.

so, if you always liked the shorter scale of gibsons but like the look/sound/vibe of FENDERS.....this might be a great way to go.

it ran me $225 and that's what i want for it.

pics avail for serious...that's SERIOUSLY interested folks.

thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Gear Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: