PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After the sphincters...I'm back and I'm sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddinjax

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: After the sphincters...I'm back and I'm sorry. Reply with quote

I said "goodbye everyone" to this site one year ago. What had been a great meeting, learning & sharing experience about jazz guitar had morphed into political, hate spewing, off topic BS. There were fewer and fewer posts, and often a thread was hijacked and turned into BS. Well, I just took a quick look around and at least two of the biggest assholes haven't posted since June and August of 2010. Sadly, it appears they drove away most everyone else judging by the terribly low activity level. I'm sorry that I (and more importantly so, most everyone else), didn't just completely ignore their ranting verbal diarrhea. I belong to a few forums on various subjects and a couple of them have an "ignore" function you can activate so you don't see posts from anyone you wish to put on your "ignore list", which is PFC but really, a reasonable adult ought to be able to do without hitting a function key . Anyway, it appears that the assholes "won", but really only because I(we) gave up and let them, and for that I am sorry. I'll try to chip in and add what I can. Hopefully, more folks will find their way back to this forum.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man!

Glad to see you remember this dwindling bucket of bits corner of the internet! Yep, this place has all but totally fallen on its face.

Sad part is no one is really using the forum but bots, script kiddies and spammer types. My job hasnít reduced in effort at all! Even a little over a week ago, some jackmonkey got a hold of an email addresses login on this server and nearly brought it to its knees! Got it caught/stopped/fixerated but the damage was done, smtp servers all over the place are rejecting mail from this host because of it. There is (was) 13 domains on this server so realistically, Iím not shocked.

Ya know, Iíll like to give a rah-rah type pep talk on rebuilding the communityÖbut **** it, itís not like it hasnít been here waiting and Iíve tried that before. So to say the least Iím not especially motivated at this point to be much of a role model.

Unfortunately this version of forums doesnít have an ignore feature, itís little older now. A while ago, I was prepping a new deployment of the site with the latest and greatest version of phpBB on one of my own servers. But after realizing Iíd have to plug the holes in it I custom plugged in this one and no one is really using it, once again, **** it!

Again, Iím glad to see a familiar name and hope you can figure out a way to scrap the dust off here because I certainly havenít figured out how.

Welcome to....THE VOID! Laughing

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
JakeJew

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...there's another jazz guitar forum, but I really dislike it!
Jazzy

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Welcome" back man! I check the forum quite often, but I must admit that I don`t reply as much as I did before. But I hope we can get the forum more active again Smile
M

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a newcomer, compared to you folks; but I've drifted as well. The Internet is a fluid environment. What can you say?

When the content is there, folks will congregate; when the party crashers and downers arrive, folks will back off. What's unfortunate is that negativity often attracts negativity (i.e., the pigs like the mudwrestling, to paraphrase a common saying).

Ebb and flow. I still check in here, on occasion.
PaulD

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check in a lot as well, but don't post too much. I'm always hoping for some more activity because I really like the people here and have learned a lot when it was a busier site. I still go back to old posts to revisit things - the dominant thread has some great stuff.

Paul
mr. beaumont

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, shucks, I'm as guilty as anybody for not posting around here more...gonna try to fix that.
ďFor the guitar is the most unpredictable and least reliable musical instrument in existence...and also the sweetest, the warmest, the most delicate, whose melancholic voice awakes in our soul exquisite reveries.Ē

Andres Segovia
hanni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome back...... i am still here too, but going own ways, these are ways the others dont do and i love it Smile) sometimes i realy dont know from what this musicans live... how ever we can only learn if we like it and if someone showes us a way we dont like than we learn nothing....... good luck Smile
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm still around. Life has been getting the way seems like lately
but I'm going to start visiting everyday again.
I am fortunate to be playing almost every day right now, saving for slow times. Even I live in a tourist/ convention town, the summers can be very slow and very hot! Still seems like so many of the gigs are outdoors. We are having drought conditions here, but at least we don't have the terrible flooding, storms and fires that so many folks are dealing with right now.
stratocasturbator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the jerks put me off too. hadn't been back in a long while, certainly haven't posted anything. still, I'm glad that this forum is still in operation. I still enjoy logging in from time to time and reading what's on other players' minds. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: