PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to get this place active...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeJew

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Trying to get this place active... Reply with quote

ok guys...I'm going to make a bunch of short posts on topics I bet everybody can talk about...maybe liven things up around here
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to get this place active... Reply with quote

JakeJew wrote:
ok guys...I'm going to make a bunch of short posts on topics I bet everybody can talk about...maybe liven things up around here

Thanks man, you're good peeps! Cool

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
JakeJew

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, no need to be embarrassed about a high post count!
PaulD

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jake! So far it seems to have worked - I haven't seen this much activity here in a long time! Cool Cool

Paul
JakeJew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulD wrote:
Thanks Jake! So far it seems to have worked - I haven't seen this much activity here in a long time! Cool Cool

Paul

Yeah Paul...maybe it's taboo for me to say, but I've tried hanging out at the other forum and I don't think it's for me. It's so competitive over there! Here we get into some political arguments or something, but there's just too much ego for me to deal with over there, and unfortunately it has at times brought out the worst in me.

I'm thankful for that because it's reminded me that I still have a lot of work to do on myself re: ego and my own insecurities about my playing....but I know it's probably no good for me to post there.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeJew wrote:
Yeah Paul...maybe it's taboo for me to say, but I've tried hanging out at the other forum and I don't think it's for me. It's so competitive over there!

See a lot of that in forums in general, really doesn't matter what it's about. It's like they're a magnet for people to be nasty and it wouldn't shock me at all if it's those people who are actually cowards in real life.

There are cool places out there where people generally behave reasonably toward each other and seem to understand they are 'birds of a feather' with other members.

This place has a special caveat in that some members English isn't their first language, making things even more difficult at times.

mr. beaumont

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I can put up with the ego-fueled arguements over there because I just sit back and giggle (by the way, I thought you handled yourself pretty well Jake!)

I hope we do get more traffic here again...I'm as guilty as anyone (I left for a long time after some conversations I thought were just ridiculous) but the core group of folks here are good people...as long as they're still around.

I'm going to make it a point to post at least once a day this week. Who's in?
“For the guitar is the most unpredictable and least reliable musical instrument in existence...and also the sweetest, the warmest, the most delicate, whose melancholic voice awakes in our soul exquisite reveries.”

Andres Segovia
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so far so good folks!

At present, we have 4x the amount of posts this month compared to last. Granted, that's not really saying a lot as last month was REALLY bad. But it's without question clear progress! Cool

PaulD

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! It's like were getting the band back together. Cool

Paul
Jazzy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Smile
hanni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm... i am not shocked about the behavior of some people, its the same like at the street and not much different........ and than i do the same: going on silence and just watch
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious now. Can't imagine what that must have been about on the other forum. You just stay over here Jake. You're too cool here!
Viper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to have imploded or fizzled out. When you say 'over there' where do do you mean.

I am assuming you are not a Spiritualist as well as a jazz guitarist. That could be a toxic combinatiion.

Is there anyone there?

Oui C'est moi Django qui vous appelle. whooooooooooooooooooo Je vais jouer le Minor Swing avec Charlie ici. whooooooooooooooo.
cjm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently a new strategy to get traffic is being tried. Very Happy

I surf both this site and "the other one," each day because I don't have a hell of a lot to do. And because there's more traffic "over there" -- well yeah, there are more conversations to enter into.

But now, they seem to have exceeded their monthly bandwidth allowance, and they're offline as a result.

Who knows? Maybe this incident will restore a bit of balance and reinvigorate this site.
mr. beaumont

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be offline for a good while too. The admin over there is pretty hands off...I wonder if he even knows...I don't even have his real email, just one through the site--lotta good that'll do me!

Ah, moderator fail. Oh well. Good folks here too, and I don't have to break up fights.
“For the guitar is the most unpredictable and least reliable musical instrument in existence...and also the sweetest, the warmest, the most delicate, whose melancholic voice awakes in our soul exquisite reveries.”

Andres Segovia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: