PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Jamie Taylor in the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twodogs09

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Hello from Jamie Taylor in the UK Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

(I know there are a lot of teachers on here already, so this may be a bit like advertising refrigerators to Eskimos but here goes...)

My name is Jamie Taylor - I'm a professional jazz guitarist and for the last ten years, I have taught guitar on the jazz degree programme at Leeds College of Music in the UK. Having recently started to get more interested in the possibilities afforded by computer technology, I am now able offer distance learning via Skype and video correspondence. I am also offering video lessons over the internet via www.mikesmasterclasses.com So far there is just one class on that site, on the subject of jazz time feel, but more will be following shortly.

http://youtu.be/hnB3KPiU4e0

I'm obviously keen to meet potential new students if possible but that's by no means my only reason for posting. Another reason is that I'm also hoping to get a bit of a sense of what people are actually looking for in terms of online lessons. I did the "jazz time feel" class on Mike's Masterclasses because it seemed to be a topic that wasn't being extensively covered elsewhere; I'd like to find some more areas like that if possible.

I have a website at www.jamie-taylor.com and my YT channel is twodogs09 - this contains various extracts from lessons and gigs etc. This is the latest upload; a bit of improv and a couple of etudes that I created for one of my students:

http://youtu.be/HNwrmJnWR5s

Apart from all that, I'm just looking forward to getting to know a few like-minded people and participating in what I can already see is some fascinating debate on this site. I love to discuss all aspects of jazz with people who are as passionate about it as I am!

Hooray for the internet.
Thanks for listening everyone, hope to hear from some of you...
Best wishes,
Jamie Taylor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: