PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlie Parker's improvisation and some bebop lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKChang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Charlie Parker's improvisation and some bebop lines Reply with quote

Dear all,

I just want to share some of casual posts on my little webpage www.jkchang.com regarding Charlie Parker and Bebop improvisations with you. Posts regarding Bird and Bebop are organized in Bebop Cookbook page, containing articles such as "Formulaic Improvisation & Charlie Parker's Ornithology Motive", "Charlie Parker's Grave & Inverted Mordent in Bebop Improvisation"...etc. Study materials of Bebop lines are listed in Downloads page, featuring about 10 projects such as "Chromatic Transposition of II-V-I Bebop Lines"...etc. I hope these posts & materials will be somewhat useful to some of you.

Respects,

JK
greentone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JK,
Thanks. This is good stuff.
JKChang

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Green,

Thx for the kind words!

Keep swingin'

JK
JKChang

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!

Few more Charlie Parker & improvisation-related posts have been up since my last post, including Charlie Parker and Substance Abuse, "Charlie Parker & The KoKo Session, "Charlie Parker's Western Classical Music Quotations & Decorated Enclosure in Bebop Impro, and "Academic Studies of Charlie Parker's Music. Few improvisations ramblings: Incorporating Dissonance in Jazz and More on Coltrane Changes.

Posts about Bird have been less analytical lately due to the unbearable high temperature in the middle of US BiteLip (Help!) Hopefully, we will get back on those goodies soon~

Peace & Respect,

JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: