PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What the hell - the epi es 175
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazz Playa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh brother Rolling Eyes tell me something I don't already know. Of course you missed the spirit of what I was saying.
toddinjax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I get banned from this forum if I tell randyc to just shut the **** up, keep your arrogance to yourself, take the stick out your ass and try to enjoy life? Just wondering.....
randyc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toddinjax wrote:
Do I get banned from this forum if I tell randyc to just shut the **** up, keep your arrogance to yourself, take the stick out your ass and try to enjoy life? Just wondering.....

I don't have a thing to say about running the forum but if I DID, expressing one's opinion sure wouldn't be grounds for a ban. That's exactly what I do and it's exactly what you just did. It is why forums exist.

(And you DO have the option of not reading the things that I post. Why get upset over something that you can't control?)

Besides, most of my posts don't have anything to do with opinion, they are about physical fact, measurements, performance, design, historical references to electronic aspects of music, things like that. May not appeal to you or to others but there are folks on the forum that DO enjoy some of the engineering discussion related to music.

Merry Christmas, Todd, I don't have a stick up my ass, I have terminal lung cancer and I DO enjoy life Smile

cheers,
randyc
Secret2goodtoneispractice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toddinjax wrote:
Do I get banned . . .? Just wondering.....

The beauty of the forum is that it is not moderated. . . So don't worry about expressing your opinion, especially since many likely agree with you. . . And far worse was expressed before you . . .

In a moderated forum the nonsense here likely would have ended long ago. Thematic rants of ultra-nationalism (bordering facism), and ethnocentrism are typically not accepted in moderated forums, especially as directed to other forumites and their circumstances.

So, to all the international forumites and internationalists: May you find peace, prosperity, and joyful music and tone in 2010!

One World! One Love! One Peace! One Joy!
Secret2goodtoneispractice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US has less than 5% of the world's population . . .
Are great principles meant for everyone? If not, why are they only for me or you? Advantage created by disadvantaging others is insustainable, as is advantage created from misery of others.
One world . . .
randyc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lgiro wrote:
is it possible that internationalism is pathetic, and only wants stong, rich countries to give up everything they have? why else be internationlist? so that poor corrupt countries can share their misery? uh, no. what happens after the smart, rich, well run (relatively speaking) countries give away their advantages? then we can all be miserable together, right? you keep dreamin'.

Exactly - economic entropy, right before our eyes !

Secret2goodtoneispractice wrote:
The beauty of the forum is that it is not moderated. . . So don't worry about expressing your opinion, especially since many likely agree with you. . . And far worse was expressed before you . . .

In a moderated forum the nonsense here likely would have ended long ago. Thematic rants of ultra-nationalism (bordering facism), and ethnocentrism are typically not accepted in moderated forums, especially as directed to other forumites and their circumstances.

So, to all the international forumites and internationalists: May you find peace, prosperity, and joyful music and tone in 2010!

One World! One Love! One Peace! One Joy!

Actually, this forum IS moderated but it's not done in a heavy-handed manner. There seems to be enough room to accommodate any number of opinions provided that they are expressed with civility.
Generic Sobriquet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Igiro and Sectret2 are raving fallacy spinners, both in terms of logical argumentative fallacies, as well as factual, analytical fallacies. May as well debate with a child.
Jazz Playa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lgiro wrote:

but communism is always cool, right?

of course communists don't believe in Christ, or any god, so the whole peace-love-joy thing is kinda manipulative.

Quite right, one of the first things that authoritarian type governments do is attempt to ban religion, especially Christianity. Because Jesus was NOT a conformist at all. Authoritarian regimes want the people to be docile and not dissent or even question what the government/authority figures tell them to do. Geez, there are so many examples in the Bible of Jesus going against authority figures in government and even inside the synagogue's of the day. Like when Jesus was healing people on the sabbath and that made the rabbi's mad because they said he shouldn't be doing it on the sabbath but Jesus kept on doing it and also gave them a piece of his mind. Those authoritarian governments don't want large numbers of people meeting in places discussing and believing in a higher power greater than the government. A power who is on the people's side and will help them overthrow the oppressor. Also since Jesus was such a non-conformist they definitely don't want their people seeing that God advocates people standing up for themselves, standing up for what is the right thing to do even in the face of adversity.

Anyway it appears that we have a very diverse group of personalities on this forum. Seems that we're all very passionate about music in some way that is unique to each person, and that's really good. That's what can make this forum really interesting and informative. I also understand that when people are passionate about something and there's a difference of opinion then sometimes tempers can flare. So hopefully we can all be free to express our passion, our viewpoints on music, and matters related to the music, without being bashed , ostracized, or called insulting names. So I'm gonna try really hard to be open to everybody's legitimate viewpoints and hope others around here are of a similar mindset on that.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
Chordchunker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What the hell - the epi es 175 Reply with quote

mapio08 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was just playing thru a couple of guitars. I want to get a second one, my current one is the emperor regent by epiphone. I love it. Now in addition I want one with a mounted humbucker not a floater. So I went to the store and played an ibanez af105, an ibanez pm 35, an epiphone es 175 and a framus az10.

ok, every one was fitted with roundwounds which is not my thing. but the only guitar totally killing me right away was the epi es 175. feeling, sound, workmanship...I played thru a roland cube 80, an aer compact 60 and a princeton reverb.

the framus was great too, but the setup was very very odd.

now I am wondering: am I about to make a huge mistake or is anybody with me when I say I think of buying the 175. I thought itīs a cheap piece of something...!!! No it is NOT!!

I did not expect this and Iīve been playing for 23 years now...

thanx matt

I have an Epi es-175 and love it. It paid for itself after 2-3 gigs and sounds great through my old Polytone. I play for a living and will probably upgrade the electronics but other than that it really is a fine guitar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: