PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Design of Vacuum Tube Amplifiers and Related Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randyc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Design of Vacuum Tube Amplifiers and Related Topics Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sutb3baaajypfzp/5jAs6MErWU

"Designing Vacuum Tube Amplifiers and Related Topics" has been extensively revised and can be downloaded from the link above. The spread sheets that are frequently referenced in the book are available from the same link.

This is part of the foreword to the second edition:

"Three years have now passed and I have some motivation to read through the original document, correct errors, add topics and expand on existing ones. Hopefully this will result in an improvement over my first effort. I'll likely never be finished because every time I look at a specific chapter, I think of how it could be expanded to enhance understanding. (The book has already grown some 70 pages from the original.)

I have also revised the spread sheets that are referenced here. I found errors (fortunately not large ones) and modified some of the predicted amplifier parameters. Hopefully this will be helpful.

The original intention was to write just enough about this topic to encourage those who are experimenting with vacuum tube amplifiers but lack fundamental understanding. While keeping the mathematics simple, I hope to provide some encouragement to those seeking more knowledge than this modest effort provides."

Cheers,
Charles R. Couch, February 2013
Secret2goodtoneispractice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, Mr. Couch. It is great to see you back here. I've often wondered about you. I look forward to reading your book. Thank you for providing the opportunity!
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret2goodtoneispractice wrote:
Greetings, Mr. Couch. It is great to see you back here. I've often wondered about you. I look forward to reading your book. Thank you for providing the opportunity!

Ditto, saw the post and was busy with things and forgot to replay, glad to see ya man! Cool

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Luckless

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to "see" you around again. The first edition changed my whole perspective on amplifiers and electronic design in general. Thank you for you work and insight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: