PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jack Zucker's Sheets of Sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perfischer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Jack Zucker's Sheets of Sound Reply with quote

Has anyone here tried out the Sheets of Sound books by Jack Zucker? Watched a couple of sample lessons on the tube, and it looked kind of interesting.
pescj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Zucker's Sheets of Sound Reply with quote

perfischer wrote:
Has anyone here tried out the Sheets of Sound books by Jack Zucker? Watched a couple of sample lessons on the tube, and it looked kind of interesting.

Yes, I bought the book (are there more than one?) and I found the exercises to be fairly useful, but only as exercises. To me they seem a little dry and not as interesting as Mr. Zucker's playing on YouTube.

I haven't found myself incorporating the exercises into my improvisation, but that's probably just a function of my practice and playing habits. I suspect that we're all different.

I think the book is worth the money, if for no other reason than to give you some new material to practice.
roberto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Zucker's book Reply with quote

I agree with you. I've found imposible to play those exercises in a live situation.
Roberto
jzucker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Zucker's book Reply with quote

roberto wrote:
I agree with you. I've found imposible to play those exercises in a live situation.
Roberto

FYI, the exercises aren't meant to be regurgitated during a tune in a live setting. They're meant to be used as reference material to spur your own creativity and as inspiration to incorporate different concepts into your repertoire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: