PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real Book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Real Book Reply with quote

Its all very confusing. I was told by my jazz instructor to get the "illegal" real book, because it is the good one, meaning not the Hal Leonard version. Supposedly the "Illegal" real book was just made legal. Where can I find the actual "illegal" (not Hal Leonard) real book?
martino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: real book Reply with quote

I think he means the "New Real Book," by Sher publishing.
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: riight Reply with quote

Yeah I've heard of that one. Is it all hand written just like the good ol' real books?
martino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

no, it's all printed very well, and the mistakes that plagued the old real books are all but gone.
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought the Hal Leonard version. As it turns out, the Hal Leonard version is the same thing thing as the once "illegal" real book, but all of the mistakes have supposedly been corrected, and all of the songs are now legally a part of the book. I got it on amazon. com for 17 bucks. Hopefully it will be good.
jazzguitarman16933

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Real book Reply with quote

The New Real Book is published by Hal Leonard and claims to be the 6th edition of the original real book. It is a good book. A friend of mine has a copy of it. It does sell for $17 on amazon.com.
Another good set of books are vol. 1, 2, and 3 of the Sher Real Books. This are owned by almost everyone in the jazz field, except the older guys who have the originals.
BITCHSLAP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ia a real boo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: