PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd but real, dealing with the death of a *forum* friend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Odd but real, dealing with the death of a *forum* friend Reply with quote

Last night I was informed of the death of a friend I've never met. Slightly more than a forum friend but I never spoke with him face to face.

The feelings are the same as far as I can see, shock, anger (he was a really good guy in every way I could see), sadness...pretty much the works.

Anyone else ever have that sort of experience? Certainly my first time.

For what it's worth, this guys name is Steve, known in forum land and eBay land as bluespresence. A guitar builder friend (his thing was basses).

So currently there are plans in process by that other forum to build a dedication bass in his honor and sell it donating the funds to the family (who from what all I know and can see are completely screwed now without a family provider). He was only 42.
jamato

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...a most excellent thing to do ...
alfonso

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that's so sorry to hear I didn't know him but you did, so my sympathies are with you and all concerned. Not odd at all, deep maybe and unfortunate especially since the man was so young I'm sure his family and friends are dealing with an unbelievable loss. peace
Jazzocaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear the about the loss of your friend.

A few years ago I used to play an online game and struck up a very close friendship with someone. She was the mother of 3 and one of the nicest people I've ever talked/played with. Even tho I never met her or saw her picture I considered her a real friend. Any loss is a tough loss and people grieve in many different ways.

My condolences to you and his family.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys, so its not all that odd. Been a strange weekend.

The totally weird part is I had gotten a couple of things from him and he hand wrote this simple thank you sort of note and I liked that, rare behavior these days, well I was cleaning up and was going to toss the note but didn't. Then I found out the news and that note was 3 ft away stairing at me....that totally weirded me out. Neutral

The obituary is here

http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060224/FON010301/602240736/1295

When that bass gets to the point of pic's being available I'll try and remember to post a couple, you'll probably druel.

Thanks again.
PaulD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I've met so many people on the internet at the various forums I visit. I've gotten the chance to meet a few in person and have collablorated on music over the web with some as well, so I know how real friendships can form. My sincere condolances.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: