PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Upgrades & Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Information & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Forum Upgrades & Updates Reply with quote

Howdy Folks,

We're about to go through some growing pains. I just wanted to make everyone aware in the near future the site will change a bit and result with some new features but for the most part will remain relatively the same.

I'll post to this thread when I'm about to make changes so you are aware something's going on.

Thanks!

Last edited by Gorecki on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first 'problem' I've seeing after making some changes last night may be cookie related.

For a bit of back ground. These forums have been functioning completely without anyone knowing it from two different places. The email notifications sent out before last night were erroneously pointing people to playjazzguitar.com/forum instead of www.playjazzguitar.com/forum

So, if anything is acting strangely to you, you may want to use the 'Log out' function near the top of the page and re-login, establishing a new cookie. Also if you're showing up as a 'Guest', simply login and you should be back in business.

Make sure you do this from www.playjazzguitar.com/forum

Please let me know if anything else you may notice being odd.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, took a few minutes to find why Avatar uploads weren't working properly and have repaired the problem.

So, you can now go to your profile and add your own avatar without having to link it from elsewhere.

80x80 pixels in common (gif,jpg,png) formats.

Please do not use something you wouldn't want your mother to see! Wink

I will also get the Avatar Gallery running and hopefully produce some Avatars of Jazz Guitar Greats to choose from.

If anyone would like to (and can) make some I would greatly appreciate any contribution.

Thanks!
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Time to get down and dirty! Reply with quote

Over the course of this weekend, I will upgrade the forums to version 2.0.19 (the latest and greatest).

Since there is a considerable amount of google bot and msn bot traffic that hit this site I'm going to be watching for a zero session opportunity to run the updates.

If you experience odd behavior in the site, come back later!

I'll be looking mostly at 0300 - 0500 GMT Friday - Sunday!

And thank you for your support! Wink
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Suprise, We're Updated! Reply with quote

Suprise, We're Updated!

Once again there may be some resulting problems with cookies.

If the system doesn't show you as logged in and will not allow you to log in. You may need to remove the cookie for www.playjazzguitar.com!

If you are still having problems, email me at gorecki@playjazzguitar.com

Configuration changes will continue!
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: New Update : phpBB 2.0.20 Reply with quote

I've updated us again, it figures a new update came shortly after our last. This should be the last of them for a while.

You may have to log in

Please let me know if you have any problems getting back into the site. Contact me at gorecki@playjazzguitar.com if you can't login.

Thanks much!

Thumbs Up!
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Powered by phpBB 2.0.21 Reply with quote

We've upgraded to the boards again to phpBB 2.0.21

You may have to login again

Please let me know if you have any problems getting back into the site. Contact me at gorecki@playjazzguitar.com if you can't login.

Thanks much!

Thumbs Up!

Game On!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Information & Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: