PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So anyone going for the green beer tonight!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: So anyone going for the green beer tonight! Reply with quote

Man I won't touch that stuff ever since I saw a friend have a bad night and it coming back wasn't pretty! Confused
Martacus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord, won't TOUCH it. Me father is from County Clare, and he'd kill me if I touched green beer. I'm going to be a maverick today - Patrick was a Roman, so would've probably drank wine, so I'll do the same. (Before anyone thinks I don't like beer, I'm a Guild certified brewer through UC Davis, and I have 20 cases of different Belgian recipes I've made in the basement.)

Slainte,
Mairtain Sean da Poer (as our name was way back when)
www.martypowerjazz.com
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm a Guild certified brewer through UC Davis

Dude, that's too cool! I thought about trying to brew and once I saw what was involved, the Mrs wouldn't have it.

I worked with some lawyers out of Sacramento years back that did their own brew, can't remember what it was called though?

I'll be doing wine tonight as well (it's her birthday so I'm covered).
ed norton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philly is too rowdy for me on St. Patrick's day. Don't feel like explaining the legitamacy of my fifth generation Philadelphia Irish roots. Bound to turn into a brawl, they challenge everything You say. since I can't drink bars are no fun anymore. man they really get rowdy , a couple years ago on saint pat's I saw this red haired dude with an Irish flag on The El (subway). he insisted on challenging this guy that looked like a lineman for the pittsburgh Steelers. The big, and man I mean this was a Big guy; well he tried to resist ,but he ended up beatin the daylights out of the Irish Kid. The Irish guy kept getting Up and getting pounded. No brains no headache I guess. They beat faggots on Saint patrick's also. I'm pretty sure i'm still 100 percent hetero, but having grown up In california is close enough for one of these blockheads to start something. Happy drunk Mick day, see ya all. I'll be puffin. I found the tone on this guitar I bought a few months ago, just last night. Best setup I ever did. Better than I ever paid for too. Iv'e been listening to you Gorecki. Amen.
ed norton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love other versions of Danny Boy that are perfectely sung ,Like say Mario Lanza's . I mean talk about intonation, geez. He was from the heavens. Well my favorite is the Johnny Cash version from "Orange Blossom Special". Oh man that spoken word Intro and the emotional delivery of the tune, oh it's great. Check it Out. Also "The Luck of The Irish" by John and Yoko is classic.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, who needs green beer ah ed?, wink wink, nudge, nudge. Wink

See, I totally know why you've (in the past) been a mild rectal irritation? It's that northeastern irish thing. I KNOW! My other half was born on St Pattys day and originated in New Jersey!...see, I know! Laughing

Danny Boy sung well is wholesome, warm and homey. Something I love and the best version I had ever heard was by a man Iíll never see again and nobody knows, Ave Maria (please tell me Iím spelling that right) just turns me into Jello. But John and Yoko, hmmÖjust hmmm. Confused
ed norton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha that's real good. Meanest place on earth is right here. Not the toughest place to live in by any means, but the people are pretty rough. Still ya gotta love it. I listen to sports talk just to listen to the abuse they can spurt out .Pops is from the Kensington and mom's from Germantown. That's the city sections now known as The Badlands and Gtown. Me i'm from The OC,Haha, but it's true.
draqza

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine and I went out last night to a couple of bars but green beer was nowhere to be found. One place had specials on Guiness and Harp, except that the keg of Harp was generating massive amounts of foam... then we went to a place that purports to be an Irish pub, but they didn't look like they had any st patrick's day specials at all.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it was pretty low key compared to some. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: