PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Language Filtering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeJew wrote:
wait, let me get this straight, we can't swear on this forum?!?! **** that shit!

Language filter has been in place for a while now. Guess it took you a while to notice. I believe how it's applied still allows your expression to be communicated without making it google'able. Most places will boot you for a couple weeks for using it, so hopefully you can consider it a compromise.
draqza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeJew wrote:
wait, let me get this straight, we can't swear on this forum?!?! **** that shit!

Looks to me like you got a little bit of swearing through the filter... Razz
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draqza wrote:
JakeJew wrote:

Looks to me like you got a little bit of swearing through the filter... Razz

Yep, I've only hidden the one word so far, hopefully that will be enough. Confused
draqza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the other forums I'm a regular on does the edit a little differently and replaces that one with the phrase 'tipper gore.' Finally had to explain it to a few people...
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

draqza wrote:
One of the other forums I'm a regular on does the edit a little differently and replaces that one with the phrase 'tipper gore.' Finally had to explain it to a few people...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's so freaking funny!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
marksound

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the forums I frequent uses "mudflap" in place of all other expletives.

Word up, mudflap. Very Happy
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contemplated using '(insert lack of vocabulary here)' but thought again that would come across as insulting. Confused

So **** is good enough I guess. Rolling Eyes
JakeJew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki, please do not cut and create new threads off like this. I didn't start a thread devoted to language filtering, and I appear as the author here. Request for you to either delete this thread or make some sort of thread of your own announcing that the site filters the F word, if you like.
ed norton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the organized threads, that way you can talk about silly stuff that You may not want to post in the guitar forum. I'll start one like why did Angelina Jolie win an Oscar?; because she played herself, a nutjob. She's a humanitarian who makes 30 mil a year, oh the irony.
JakeJew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed norton wrote:
I like the organized threads, that way you can talk about silly stuff that You may not want to post in the guitar forum. I'll start one like why did Angelina Jolie win an Oscar?; because she played herself, a nutjob. She's a humanitarian who makes 30 mil a year, oh the irony.

I don't mind the organized threads. Honestly, I mind the moderator cutting off another thread, posting it here so it looks like I started a thread on language filtering with a sort of stupid sounding one line post. It's not the biggest deal but I feel that it's unfair to mangle my posts to make it look I did something I never did. Just bad netiquette, dude!

Just my opinion, do with it what you will, but in this specific case would you please delete this thread or move it back. I see this as the equivalent of editing a post by a member or using the quote tags and changing what the person originally said.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed: Start the Angelina thread, that should get some attention. Laughing

Jake: I didn't move the thread to make it look like you started something. Fact of the matter is, you did start something that changed the entire direction of the thread to an entirely different topic, so from the point the topic changed, it was moved. Just happened to be you that started the new topic matter.

Ever been here looking for something you've seen before but can't (or stuggled to) find it? Trying to help eliminate that, keep a cleaner more useful house so to speak.

Cool?
alfonso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's a heavy one Jake, I would be complemented but then again I can see your side of it as well. Anyways, we gotta have some kind of filter and I think that one four letter word is all that is needed, at this point anyways. peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: