PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MP3...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chip

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: MP3... Reply with quote

hey the idea of posting MP3s and helping each other is a great idea too me. I have never played with or for anyone so the outlet of others hearing and giving honest feedback is a really great one for me. So, this MP3 is my first attempt (and it shows) at playing rythm and lead at the same time....just some improv stuff in G....how does it sound, is there anything anyone hears that i should focus on more heavily? Anyway, any and all types of comments are being asked for and will be truly appreciated. Thanks
http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000162517_000025698.mp3?PHPSESSID=b02039bf380cccc1e110f1caf30b14e0
chip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL is it so bad that noone can even complain or cuss me out about it? lol
i know its not a song or anything ....just a little quick improv try to see how im coming along and what i should focus on...i think i just long for attention...im sorry. Confused
MR SILVER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stick to playin country music, or pop music cos that aint jazz......pmsl
chip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i can always count on good ol Ms. Silver to make me laugh lol thanks
MR SILVER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with the fact that you need to know your instruments layout so you can associate the figerboard with what your trying to achieve. ofcourse you need to know how your instrument is layed out harmonically...however melodies certainly do not come from scales....melodies are made up of a mutitude of thing...rythm , pattern, and most importantly the notes that you choose to use for the melody.....but i wont have some plank tellin me that melodies come from scales........a melody is somthing that you play using whatever constituent notes you select from a particular scale or if your a complicated person your particular melody may include notes from a mutitude of scales.....melodies come from scales no more than iceberg lettiuces do....melodies come from a persons emotionl creativity.....and in some peoples case you can forget about the emotional part.............and as for me not posting me playing ........well i no longer have any recording equipment......an to be honest i dont think im ready as a guitarist or as a person to record anything that should be documented............ok
chip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

what are you you on crack? i never said anything about any of that LOL your always so sad my little genius friend LOL But thanks for the long reply that i wrote nothing about... by the way...i wasnt running scales lol but thanks again for writing..i love that you CARE so much. lol
matiz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: