PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you have a studio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Recording Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Do you have a studio? Reply with quote

Since I'm currently waiting for a phone call I thought I'd go ahead and start a studio topic. Here's a lousy set of pic's in a very poor panaramic view. Mr. Green

It has changed a bit since they were taken but basically is still the same.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Gorecki on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
jingles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nice Gorecki Smile
I have equipment for recording, but calling it a studio would be lying..Razz
I have a M-audio firewire 410, Cubase and somen monitors, mic and all that. Of course I have effectprocessors and so to my guitars, and I also have a MIDIkeyboard. That's about it =P

I can post pictures later, but I'm at work at the moment Wink
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingles wrote:
Hey Nice Gorecki Smile
I have equipment for recording, but calling it a studio would be lying..Razz
I have a M-audio firewire 410, Cubase and somen monitors, mic and all that. Of course I have effectprocessors and so to my guitars, and I also have a MIDIkeyboard. That's about it =P

I can post pictures later, but I'm at work at the moment Wink

The 410 is a good little box, I use Cubase as well. Honestly my 'studio' has had many locations, the current one is probably the worst in space and sound. My isolation booth (not pictured) is a closet. Confused We do what we can. Wink
alfonso

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Gorecki!!
Nice home studio, I guess you have everything Pro-tools, webcam and whatever else right? Damn makes me wish we were friends and I lived near you, my friends who have studios have what you're rack looks like and that's pretty much it. In other words they don't do anything on computer, I don't think they know how and I know I don't know how. My studio is my living room and consists of my guitars a couple amps and a little hand held tape recorder. Shit, I haven't even got an MP3 Laughing player/recorder yet, but I'm woking towards it. later
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfonso wrote:
Damn Gorecki!!
Nice home studio, I guess you have everything Pro-tools, webcam and whatever else right? Damn makes me wish we were friends and I lived near you, my friends who have studios have what you're rack looks like and that's pretty much it. In other words they don't do anything on computer, I don't think they know how and I know I don't know how. My studio is my living room and consists of my guitars a couple amps and a little hand held tape recorder. Shit, I haven't even got an MP3 Laughing player/recorder yet, but I'm woking towards it. later

alfonso, I'm so sorry man, I didn't see this post until right now. Guess I spend too much time cleaning up spammer accounts around here. Rolling Eyes

Actually I use to be a ProTools user, my MAC is still under my desk & mixer but I got fed up with Digidesign's market controlling behavior and have been so much happier since I went PC DAW! The cost of the system and softwares compared to Protools isn't even close when it comes to capabilites. It'll cost ya a good $50,000 in digidesign/Apple stuff to compete with my setup.

You absolutely don't need all the 'stuff' I have, a good laptop, audio interface and software can be a wonderful setup. The one I use in the bedroom (I call my remote studio or wankstation) with a Line6 GuitarPort, Cubase & Reason gets serious results! Then I push the data down to the main studio rig and finish it up.

Honestly I must admit, I really miss analog. It was so forgiving for half-assed production work and tracking.

Oh..I don't have an MP3 player either! All my girls have one but I don't... Laughing

Last edited by Gorecki on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
marksound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
I really miss analog.

Me too. I used to have a nice Yamaha MT44 cassette 4 track with the mixer and patch bay desk thing. I'm having a hard time transitioning to digital. Sad
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:
Gorecki wrote:
I really miss analog.

Me too. I used to have a nice Yamaha MT44 cassette 4 track with the mixer and patch bay desk thing. I'm having a hard time transitioning to digital. Sad

Yeah I got lots of miles out of a Tascam PortaTwo unit years ago and kinda regret letting it go. Hey I've used those Yamaha's, they were great as well! Cool

In the digital world a GOOD compressor is your best friend. Also high sampling/bit rates will be more forgiving. I use 96k/24bit mostly and get less fustrated than while trying 44.1k/16bit which feels really small (dynamic range) in contrast.
marksound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is our setup now. It's a Zoom unit (sounds like a Zappa kid, heh) plugged into the PA set up in our rehearsal space. Don't mind the extraneous band members. Laughing

Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:
Well, this is our setup now. It's a Zoom unit (sounds like a Zappa kid, heh) plugged into the PA set up in our rehearsal space. Don't mind the extraneous band members. Laughing

Yeah definitely a Zappa kid, right along side of Nord, the third generation Zapper! Cool digs! So did the space come with the chick with beer or was that extra? (vocal/keyboard player I presume) Laughin my arse off
marksound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Keys, vocals, significant other of the wide-eyed guitar player in the I-420 shirt. Wink
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that Zoom doesn't have a comp/limit built in (not uncommon it will) if you put a unit between it and the sound source, it'll keep the dynamics under control and for that setup, you could run some pretty hard compression and no one would be the wiser. Wink
marksound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll try that. Thanks.
jokron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a small homestudio is my musical playground...

http://www.kronqvistmusik.se/studio.htm

/Jan Olof
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jokron wrote:
Well, a small homestudio is my musical playground...

http://www.kronqvistmusik.se/studio.htm

/Jan Olof

Hey Jan! Haven't seen you in a while. Nice setup you got there! Thumbs Up!
jokron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
Hey Jan! Haven't seen you in a while. Nice setup you got there! Thumbs Up!

Hi!

Well, I've been buzy, got a new job, and you probably know what that means...to little time playing...but now I'm grabbing my axe (or what it is... Wink ) again, back on track...

You will soon be hearing from me again... I hope Embarassed

I'm satisfied with my setup, gives me all I want for now, but still dreamin' of a 'real' guitar, but I thought I start with learning how to play... Wink

/J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Recording Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: