PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with using forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluestraveler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Problems with using forum Reply with quote

I really like this forum but I am having two problems with it. First I have a hard time knowing what was recently posted. I typically open the forum and do a brute force check of the date of the last post. Is there a way for you to push new posts to me in forums of my own choosing?

Second I don't understand the symbols to the left of the posts. What is sticky? and what is the difference between the red and gray colors of the funny shapes? Confused
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an FAQ link near the top of the forum that answers many questions. Also while viewing a forum list, there is a legend of icon meanings in the lower left. IE Yellow in most icons mean something had been posted since your last visit. Also there are 'View posts since last visit', 'View your posts' and 'View unanswered posts' links in the upper right hand corner of the forum lists.

A Sticky is a thread I've allocated as something to keep 'on top' of a thread list in a forum. Because of some importance, value or other reason to keep it easily located.

Also, if any thread you want to 'watch' (be notified by email when someone has posted) you can click the 'Watch this topic' link in the lower left or select 'Notify me when a reply is posted' check box while posting a message.

The 'red and grey' color funny shapes is escaping me at the moment. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: