PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffmerriman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: New member here. Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been noodling on the guitar for some time but I'm just not very advanced...or good. However I am a huge jazz fan, although I couldn't tell you what genre or style of jazz I really like. All kinds I suppose, but mostly into Larry Carlton, Joe Pass, Steely Dan, Wes Montgomery, George Benson, Pat Methany, Bucky Pizarelli and John Jr., Acoustic Alchemy, and a small host of others.

There are so many versions of what people consider Jazz it's hard for me to tell them apart, I just know what I like so I am content with that. However I have decided that I am going to get serious about my playing and really bare down. So I am a beginner for all intents and purposes.

Not that it matters much but my equipment list includes my favorite Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty, Epiphone Shereton (in the refit process), Fender Standard Stratocaster, and a Schecter C-1 (which I never play anymore...but looks cool). Anyway I am playing a Line 6 POD XT through my computer but I really hate it. Not sure what I'm gonna do about it but a bigger amp is not a good option right now because of living conditions.

Anyway, that's me. I hope to interact with you all a bit and really learn something. Take care.

Jeff
scottl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff!

Good luck on the quest!

Most of the mp3 clips in the top part of the music page on my site are POD XT into computer. I think it is one of the most important learning tools you could have. You need to record yourself. There are tons of backings to shed to. Practice this way.

Please email me offline if you have any questions. I'd be happy to assist.

Scott

http://www.online-discussion.com/ScottLerner/
jeffmerriman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Thanks for the welcome brother. I checked your site and I must say I was completely blown away. You are an amazing artist. Me, not so much...Smile I started my own public safety and financial consultation business so that I could dial back on some of the work load, and all that happened was I ended up working more...lol. However it has allowed me to focus on and buildup my collection, which is always growing. However I was lacking this thing called ability, and decided that I really needed to focus on that. So here I am, hoping to actually learn how to play these guitars I collect.

I gotta say, I love those Bakers. Soooooo nice! I have thought about one for some time, however I really need to get serious with what I have. Once I can actually play decently, I can justify higher end purchases to my wife. She if funny that way! I like the Dean Hardtail Series as well. One day. Maybe after I learn "Misty." Smile

I'll definitely email you. Any advice or encouragement would be great.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: