PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

critique some of my jazz stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youngnicholas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: critique some of my jazz stuff. Reply with quote

heres some clips of ceadar's blues and song for my father i recorded over. tell me what you think.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000112667_000009861_proj.mp3
youngnicholas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

this is ceadar's blues

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000112667_000009860_proj.mp3
Jazzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey...

" ceadars blues"

Sounds good, but I think you should consider practicing on some very important things.
Your time-feel, you should try to "swing" more, it sounds a bit stiff. You play to much ahead the beat. Maybe relax more, in blues, take your time and play "cool." Listen to Benson, and pay attention how he can play with the time. He has perfect control of playing ahead and after the beat. This is difficult, but eventually it works Smile
And, one more thing. More logic lines. Benson and Wes is some of the best I think.
But keep up the good playing... Smile Great!!!
Check out my playing here:
http://www11.nrk.no/upunkt/urort/framework.asp?task=band&band_id=6341
( a norwegian site ) , my own compositions
jazzmikey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: your playing Reply with quote

The timing sounds like it needs some work at times, but what the hell. Sounds great.
MR SILVER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it needs alot of work and polish but i must say i like the way you phrase ...........very cool and well thought out approach to phrasing.......id say if you kept on for about another 5 years or so ......youd convince me ..........in my humble opinion id give you 6 and a half out of ten.......just lack swing and emotion but the ideas are there...............im refering to song for my father
youngnicholas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

thanks for the reply and feedback.....not quite understanding why you want me to swing in a latin tune though.....thanks
youngnicholas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: ......... Reply with quote

i would apprectiate you giving me some feed back on ceadar's blues too. It's good Inspirastion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: