PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

triplets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: triplets Reply with quote

when practicing triplets, for example putting on your metronome and going through your scales and arpeggios, do you think its wise to use a down stroke for every 1st beat (down up down, down up down) or just to stick with alternate picking. Dont just say both as I already realise this is an option! John Abercrombie, i know you are a master of triple time so if you're reading this please reply!!
kenV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: groups of three Reply with quote

One combo I use alot is pick down, left hand( hammer on or pull off) ,and up pick. This creates a swing feel with the right hand.
alex hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

both what you said and jazzy said are good ideas. cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: