PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randyc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: New Member Introduction Reply with quote

Hello:

I'm a new member and I've been enjoying this site, lots of interesting thoughts about music and equipment are represented here.

As a retired engineer (M.E. and E.E.) with an electronics lab and metalworking/woodworking shop, I enjoy working on my own musical equipment. I've also been a musician for forty-something years (although I haven't worked professionally for about fifteen years).

I've been following the Byrdland posts with special interest since I'm considering obtaining one. (I am 5' 6", with small hands, I think that the Byrdland would suit me well ...)

Here are some of my current tools:

Archtops: Gibson L-4, Gibson ES-330, Gibson ES-135, Guild Starfire III, Epihone Emperor Regent
Solids: Gibson SG, Carvin DC-150, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Jazz bass
Accoustics: Weissborne Style 1 (1928), Ovation Custom Legend, Martin Backpacker (for bottleneck), Lucero classical guitar (it might be a Samick?)
Amplifiers: Fender Showman, Fender Bassman, Fender Champ, Sunn Beta Lead, Peavey Envoy, Univox 4100, Epiphone Galaxie 25, Ampeg Reverberocket

I'd describe some of the other instruments that I've owned in the past but it makes me sad to think of the ones that got away Crying or Very sad

I like be-bop best but also enjoy bluesy stuff (especially Burrell). I don't know much about modern jazz guitarists. The few that I have listened to don't appeal to me much - maybe I just haven't found the right artists yet.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a member and look forward to reading more from this well-informed, knowledgeable group !

Randy

(edited to add the old Ampeg to the amp list)

Last edited by randyc on Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome abored Randy.

I took the liberty of moving your post over to the hangout area (seem'd appropriate).

Enjoy the forums

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
L4sleeko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Confused Rolling Eyes Shocked

Laughing Aw Randy, just a lil' sumtin sumtin to wet your appetite. Glad you are enjoying that thread. I wish I had bought one sooner. It looks like a Super 400 size-wise until you try it on. Body is nice and slim, and the neck is short with some real comfortable spacing between the frets. I think you will be happy with one of these. BTW, you have some GOOD taste in guitars. How about posting some pictures of those beauties? What colors did you go with on your L4 and Emperor Regent? Take care. -Steve

?;^)~
randyc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Administrator, for moving my post to the right forum.

Steve, my L-4CES is natural and the Emperor Regent is that reddish-brown color that the Koreans call sunburst (too much red for my Gibsonized taste).

I'll be happy to post photos as soon as I can figure out how to do so. BTW, where did you get that nice Gibson brochure hanging on your wall above the pretty Byrdland?

Randy
alfonso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Randy, take a look around, and if you have any questions or information feel free to share. later
L4sleeko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Randy, I got it on ebay. Gibson posters. Cheap. Laughing

?;^)~
randyc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, sent you a PM this morning ...

Alphonso, thanks for the welcome.

I like to tinker with my gear, would there be any interest here in some of my amplifier modifications (for example) ? If so - and once I have procured new batteries for my camera - I can post in the appropriate forum.

Randy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: