PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My take on rhythm changes(moose the mooche)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youngnicholas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: My take on rhythm changes(moose the mooche) Reply with quote

so i decided to record a little take ove rhythm changes playing the head of charlie parker's "Moose the Mooche"...i would like some from ou guys on my playing on what i could do to improve it.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000112667_000010458_proj.mp3
Bjorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there young Nicholas,
How old (young) are you?...
Bjorn....
youngnicholas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Hey Bjorn. Im 17
jacques

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nick, are you the one doing the count in?

This sounds a lot like some other obscure Parker tune: "Fish the Fishy" Smile
youngnicholas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: ...... Reply with quote

ummm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

why are people such assholes?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man i think it sounds really good....good tone, very clean, it evolves mostly as well....i would say also that its a bit busy...give room to breath kinda "bop" in and out of phrases...To loosely quote Metheny....play like a horn player would play, horn players have to stop and breath.....this segments it up a bit and makes listen much more interesting and gives a human or vocal sound to it...but overall and for 17! very good. Also just remember to listen to the song as a whole let the song talk and it will really jump. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sounds just great..... Wink

Bjorn....
alfonso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo young Nick,
Your kickin ass, I just started playing lead so I really can't professionally critique your work other than to say sometimes you can say alot more with just a few notes, like if you think in the terms of Blues great BB King or even Buddy Guy, they say so much with so little. Check out Joe Pass and you'll see what I mean... you kick ass, clean, jazzy, lyrical, just relax and realize that you are really movin' forward!! Cool Cool Cool
youngnicholas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: ..... Reply with quote

thanks for the replies.. but can you guys give some valuable thaughts on how to improve. bjorn please say something, sont be sarcastic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry thought that i did....oh well.
Nadav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

First, it basically sounds very cool.
But when you get to the Last A section of the first improv chorus the guitar volume gets low so I couldn't hear perfectly what you were doing, although your phrases are very nice and you twist traditional phrases very well. Your time feels swingy though a bit hesitant at times.
Keep up the good work.

BTW-how did you record over that aebersold playback and what equipment do you use?

oh and I'm 17 too.

Nadav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ..... Reply with quote

Hey Nic...
I think that you sound sound really great, by the fact that you are only 17 years, ( I am 21) its impressing...
To be frankly, I dont play alot of '' classic Jazz'', actually I found it a little boring....
I love to haer it, but to play myself, I prefere to expreriment with world rhythms...
But carry on, its really good...
Bjorn.....

youngnicholas wrote:
thanks for the replies.. but can you guys give some valuable thaughts on how to improve. bjorn please say something, sont be sarcastic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ..... Reply with quote

Hey Nic...
I think that you sound sound really great, by the fact that you are only 17 years, ( I am 21) its impressing...
To be frankly, I dont play alot of '' classic Jazz'', actually I found it a little boring....
I love to haer it, but to play myself, I prefere to expreriment with world rhythms...
But carry on, its really good...
Bjorn.....

youngnicholas wrote:
jacques

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive if one may be a little skeptical as the maturity of playing, and guitar touch is astounding for 17.

Keep it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: