PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ladies' club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewey decibel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching curling right now. Women's curling. Which is interesting, as I live in the US and I don't have cable TV, it's on NBC- broadcast television. It's about a step up from watching paint dry.

Quote:
Whoa!! What's wrong with having talent and no shame? Not that I know anybody like that of course..... Embarassed

Well, for one thing I said no talent and no shame. But I still think it's good to have shame, it's healthy. It's like fear, you don't want it to control you, but a little bit is healthy. Unless you buy into the AmericanRockstarModelGotTalentDanceIdolSupernova phenomenon.

Quote:
Do what you feel naturaly. Natural things and shame? NEVER

That's it in a nutshell. If it's natural it's not a card you can play. You can't turn it on or off.
alfonso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nezumi wrote:
but then...

what's this?

music man card?

a relevation!

Quote:
billiards wrote:
but now there's this girl and I wanna play the music man card.
Quote:
billiards wrote:
I really don't think that playing the music man card is cheap and disrespectful.

Quote:
alfonso wrote:I've never played the music man card that soon but then I don't know what your total situation is.

I've had alot of fun imagining how this music man card works. Does it work in fact? Razz
do the girls' eyes get all big and weepy because you're so sweet to have played her a song?
if it is a ballad, played w/emotion; is it equal to telling her you love her?
if it's not a ballad, then is it showing off for her?
does playing the card help you get from 1st to 2nd?
2nd to 3rd?
3rd to homebase? Wink
can you use it more than once on the same girl?
how long DO you wait to use this?

come on guys, explain yourselves.....

nezumi
alfonso

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nezumi,
I made a mistake somehow with my last post, the music man card wouldn't work on a lady like you cause you're a fellow musician. It definetly works and yes you can use it over and over, but usually you only have to knock em' over once. Laughing Laughing I've never seen a girls eyes get all big and weepy but most of the ladies I've used it on have allowed me to get as close as I want to them and quicker than I expected. I had one lady say "wow, nobody has ever written a song for me", and yes a tear came to her eye, needless to say she rewarded me gratefully and in a very sub-servient manner I might add. It would be better for you to ask you're guitar playing buddies and see if they've ever used it. That way you get information first hand from someone you know and trust. Since this thread started out as kind of a man bashing flavored tirade, I feel like I have to walk on eggshells when I speak. Only ask your guitar playing men friends who truly love women, I mean there are guys who care more about their cars than a lovely lady. peace

alfonso wrote:
nezumi wrote:
but then...

what's this?

music man card?

a relevation!

Quote:
billiards wrote:
but now there's this girl and I wanna play the music man card.
Quote:
billiards wrote:
I really don't think that playing the music man card is cheap and disrespectful.

Quote:
alfonso wrote:I've never played the music man card that soon but then I don't know what your total situation is.

I've had alot of fun imagining how this music man card works. Does it work in fact? Razz
do the girls' eyes get all big and weepy because you're so sweet to have played her a song?
if it is a ballad, played w/emotion; is it equal to telling her you love her?
if it's not a ballad, then is it showing off for her?
does playing the card help you get from 1st to 2nd?
2nd to 3rd?
3rd to homebase? Wink
can you use it more than once on the same girl?
how long DO you wait to use this?

come on guys, explain yourselves.....

nezumi
hanni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm,......1:O to you all Wink in germany we have a word to this, but i donīt see it in my translation book (balzen = ?????? = like birds do, itīs not a dirty word) ok i try it, maybe you understand, if not it dosnīt matter. Woman and Man think in deferent ways but the result is the same.

Playing Guitar is like (balzen) and some guys do this with carīs, ore other equipment to get a nice woman, with a bit psychology it workīs, realy......

Maybe iīm wrong, but are americans more conservative like germans? I donīt know? PEACE
alfonso

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanni,
I don't think you're wrong in the way you put it, we seem to be on the same page and there's really nothing difficult in understanding how it works. You explained it perfectly. later

hanni wrote:
hm,......1:O to you all Wink in germany we have a word to this, but i donīt see it in my translation book (balzen = ?????? = like birds do, itīs not a dirty word) ok i try it, maybe you understand, if not it dosnīt matter. Woman and Man think in deferent ways but the result is the same.

Playing Guitar is like (balzen) and some guys do this with carīs, ore other equipment to get a nice woman, with a bit psychology it workīs, realy......

Maybe iīm wrong, but are americans more conservative like germans? I donīt know? PEACE
dewey decibel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yeah, it's like struttin' yo' tail feathers. Like a peacock.

Quote:

Well, to get a woman, yeah. But to get a nice woman? I dunno? Mr. Green
ingeneri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ingeneri on Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
tonyteech

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Music Man Card Reply with quote

As a teacher I have a lot of female guitar piano and singing students who are all into jazz and blues and gospel Gender differences do not impinge in this area They want to get better as performers and they also practice regularly which is sometimes unusual in men

The idea of being a musician and being attractive to ladies because of this has never worked for me and I have been playing for over 40 years either as a

1Operatic tenor in romantic operas
2 Guitarist vocalist doing 60s and Beatles tunes
3 Pianist vocalist doing jazz standards or blues
4 Teacher

I get the work but not the women
I am, and always have been what might be described as facially challenged - to put it succinctly "butt ugly " Most of my work as an actor comes from The Ugly Modelling Agency so the usual comment has been

NICE VOICE - SHAME ABOUT THE FACE
thing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Music Man Card Reply with quote

tonyteech wrote:
As a teacher I have a lot of female guitar piano and singing students who are all into jazz and blues and gospel Gender differences do not impinge in this area They want to get better as performers and they also practice regularly which is sometimes unusual in men

The idea of being a musician and being attractive to ladies because of this has never worked for me and I have been playing for over 40 years either as a

1Operatic tenor in romantic operas
2 Guitarist vocalist doing 60s and Beatles tunes
3 Pianist vocalist doing jazz standards or blues
4 Teacher

I get the work but not the women
I am, and always have been what might be described as facially challenged - to put it succinctly "butt ugly " Most of my work as an actor comes from The Ugly Modelling Agency so the usual comment has been

NICE VOICE - SHAME ABOUT THE FACE

Yeah, I would much rather teach girls/women. They are more focussed, definitely.
hanni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyteech, i know exactly what you mean and you are right, i donīt know what the others do, but iīm a bit a workoholic and it must be, ore i learn nothing in guitar things. I sing in church and at church events, gospelsingers in germany donīt sing only gospel, they sing jazz and a bit traditional too. Church want to have very good singers and so church give us a musicteatcher in singing and performance, and if we sing bad ore if he hear we donīt do lessons, he donīt let us sing. After a concert he give us a feedback, one feedback in may was to hard. At the beginning of the year we where 60 people, now we are 25 people. There is no time to be like a music peacock, party and so on. One party in 3 month? is this much? i donīt think so. Mostly i stay at home with my boyfrind, i musnīt be ashamed Laughing Laughing Laughing . (it donīt saves to fall in love, lovepain is the price to pay.....)
nezumi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the music man card works...

but only on the third tuesday of months with U in them, and.....
the moon must be full and.....
kumquats must be in season.

about this often?

i guess you get as much out of it as you put into it, as with anything else.

Quote:
ingeneri wrote:
To the girls: given that there are fewer women Jazz fans, how are you received by your own gender? Are you a novelty? Are you a inexplicable? Are you a threat to the wives/girlfriends?

interesting, but don't know, can't say. Sad

Quote:
thing wrote:
Yeah, I would much rather teach girls/women. They are more focussed, definitely.

I put in the time, become more & more serious about hours put in, theory, scales, arpeggios, pieces, ear training, reading. That's just the classical side. Then onto Jazz.

nezumi
hanni

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to ingeneri,
i donīt understand what you mean, sorry....... Crying or Very sad

To the girls: given that there are fewer women Jazz fans, how are you received by your own gender? Are you a novelty? Are you a inexplicable? Are you a threat to the wives/girlfriends?

Received my gender????? I live together with my boyfrind since 16 years, my gender is ok, maybe a bit bi but iīm not a lesbian, and girls can do the same like boys, if they like.........why not.....?????? Yes i have a deep voice and to sing jazz and gospel itīs ok (i canīt / donīt want sing mezzo soprano in an opera) thatīs not novelty.

Are Americans conservative? Maybe only the guys? I donīt know......?????????.....PEACE Wink
nezumi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little light reading tonight:

http://www.playjazzguitar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
nezumi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a cool thread...

the guitar is a physical instrument, phew! Insane! about 8 months ago, my husband noted that my fingers were stronger. (We were holding hands Wink )
Sometimes, when I can, I double up fingers on a single barre it's just such a Exclamation space to deal with. A 5barre with pinkie fancy a few frets up? No no, please not that! It doesn't look that far apart when my teacher -HE- does it for me. He gave me some stretching exercises, un-be-lievable! Men's fingers must be wider. Men generally wear bigger rings.

Holding the guitar in a classical pose demands a certain amount of posture refinement.
I read somewhere that classical guitar players get bowlegged after a while.
WHAT?
So I emphatically cross my legs to play my jazz stuff. Emphatically. It 's so pleasant to sit back a bit and close my eyes.

My hands haven't been sore in a long time, but they have been. I strengthen my fine motor skills playing MarioKarts and the occasional round of Webboggle.

Obsessive? my husband rolls his eyes if I say I don't feel like i'm getting enough 'time' in.
Obsessive? i take my kids and a guitar to the beach. Go play kids.

Before I played, I didn't 'do' my nails. just kept them short like a sane human being. Now I go to the salon once a month to get acrylic fill. I put on nail polish once a week, usually while I'm lurking here or playing webboggle. I rarely can get away with completely dry nails before I have a guitar in my hands and a string mark on a nail or 2.

Why the guitar? because that song that I was picking at on the piano came up in a guitar tab one day in an online search and well, there was one kicking around, along with a really old MelBay book. The only time I had to myself was when the kids were asleep and since the piano was too loud, one thing led to another, and another, and another and then...Jazz

Why Jazz? I just dig the roomy, interpretive nature of it. Yum. Tasty

is that it? yeah, that's it,
Nezumi
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nezumi and hanni. Have you taken the music abilities test on the
jazz forum page? It's fun. C'mon girls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: