PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PWYH Codex & Decoder Bonus Package

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Chris Standring's "Play What You Hear" Course
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: PWYH Codex & Decoder Bonus Package Reply with quote

This is appearing to be a chronic problem of late, so I'm going to post the suggestions I've sent to others and pin the thread. So far everyone advised has successfully resolved the problems based on this alone.

The Codex and Decoder depend on Java to be installed. It really depends on what operating system you have installed and configured on how it will behave.

If you go to the following link:
http://www.microtools.de/guitarcodex/guitarcodex_v2b.htm

You may be prompted to install Java. If so and you install it the tools *should* work thereafter.

If you are not prompted to install Java and it doesn’t work, you may already have java installed and your browser is restricting it from executing or something about your computer is restricting it. If this is the case, there are security settings in the browser that can be adjusted but so much depends on what browser and its version and what operating system.

There is also a bug fix at the following thread:
http://www.playjazzguitar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=933

Those tools are java based and require code execution. It sounds like your browser security level is not allowing it and may need to be lowered or at least allowed to execute.

Hopefully your issue is only the bug above, let us know if it isn't. Wink

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?

Last edited by Gorecki on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to remember exactly what is required but basically the program runs in the browser, ie internet explorer, and you are not online, i think i just had to look up at the the menu items, take a moment and read the problem and it should lead you to clicking/changing the setting to allow it to run correctly, it became very obvious to me when i actually read the issue. In fact it was so obvious i can't remember exactly what i did but you have to enable/allow something, i think it may be enabling the active x whatever, all you do is click on it.

Also until i did this i didn't have any sound, also make sure your speakers are turned up. I hope this helps.

peace
midivox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: You just give the OS premission to run the Active X app. Reply with quote

Hi All,
You just give XP or Vista, etc the permission to run the Active X application, which in this case to the little course bonus programs. The error message or block message tells you exactly how to give permission or change your web browner settings.
Just follow the instructions.
Happy Guitars
MidiVox
Songs Just 4 You Composing
www.healingmusic.net welcomes all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Chris Standring's "Play What You Hear" Course All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: