PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how is the weather where you are?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dux wrote:
unless you have lived here a long time as I have, you would not even notice the difference in our seasons. For the most part it stays pretty uniform throughout the year.

Hehe, that sound a little like the big city weather here in São Paulo.
We are now moving towards winter here, but it sure doesn´t feel like it, also, it possible to experience the four seasons within a few hour in one day these days....
We can one moment have 35º celsius, then there will fall some ice from the sky, then it will go to 15º maybe, then there will fall 30 cm of water in about half an hour...... Rolling Eyes Laughin my arse off ......I dont really know whats going on......Hehe............

Later.........

Bjørn.
Dux

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:
Hehe, that sound a little like the big city weather here in São Paulo. We are now moving towards winter here, but it sure doesn´t feel like it, also, it possible to experience the four seasons within a few hour in one day these days....
We can one moment have 35º celsius, then there will fall some ice from the sky, then it will go to 15º maybe, then there will fall 30 cm of water in about half an hour...... Rolling Eyes Laughin my arse off ......I dont really know whats going on......Hehe............

Later.........

Bjørn.

Right, you are in the Southern Hemisphere, so your autumn begins during our Spring. As for your English units....I don't have a clue what they mean. Here in the West we seem to be arrogant in keeping our units, and even our language seperate from the rest of the world. Only a small percentage of Americans are bi-lingual. Kinda sad.

As far as rain goes....last year around this time it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. My neighbor was building an arc and wanted our cat...that is until I told him he was neutered.
Bjorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dux wrote:
As for your English units....I don't have a clue what they mean.

Sorry, could you explain what you´re saying here....??.....One of those ''lost in translation''......Thanks.....

Bjørn.....
cjm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested in weather on a more global stage, another resource well worth checking into is the World Meteorological Organization's website:

http://www.worldweather.org

Don't draw the wrong conclusions from what you might discover at such an access point. You CANNOT prove or disprove global climate change on the basis of short term, unseasonable, weather events.

But it can be useful to illustrate that conditions outside your living room window are not sufficient proof either.

Much of southern Canada and the central-to-eastern United States has been subjected to severe winter weather...and there are people who point to this as evidence that global warming is a hoax. "How can this be, it's thirty below outside?!?"

In the meantime, there have been some temporary unseasonably warm conditions in the Arctic and around the globe at higher northern temperate latitudes...Locations where bitterly cold weather or significant snow fall normally build sea ice or mountain glaciers.

If every location north of about 30 degrees latitude was at this moment, either swelteringly hot or bone numbingly cold, we might be able to look at today's weather and reasonably say that global warming is either proven or disproven on the basis of the weather event occuring outside our home.

But that isn't the case, and we need to remember that global warming is something that can only be determined through data gathered from across the globe over a period of many decades, and it is the averages, not the extremes, that are the most important indices.

And that's what the vast majority of climate research scientists are reporting from their decades of data gathering that leads to their consensus view that global warming is taking place and that there is at least a 90 percent probability that humans are the cause.
hanni

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back from the north italian glacier area, there was much snow in the mountains, in germany it´s like spring +10 celsius, thats not normal, the flowers in front of the house came out........ in february........, some interesting: there was a rockband on ski in the snow, nearly the glacier, realy....i don´t know how to tune a guitar in this cold, that was interesting...later
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd want that gig!
ed norton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That severe of weather will ruin any guitar. Tuning would be the least of your problems.
nezumi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here, March has come in like a lion

All in all, spring is in the air, I don't think we even have 30cm /1ft of accumulation in the 2months since winter decided to grace us with her presence. Not enough snow.
Forest fires will be wicked this summer.
hanni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this year, we have spring since december, that´s crasy, now we have flowers in the garden and that´s not normal, i have a lot of herbs in the garden too, to make medicine from it, they grow pretty fine Shocked that´s not good at this time, the last 3 summers the weather was to hot in germany 35-40 C, i want to let the garden dry out this summer to test which plants will still be alive, because we have no water flatrate in germany like in other countrys, also we don´t have an underground waterline (i´m teached to find them with a copper stick, using this like a compass) also we have a pond in our garden and thats our rainwater reserve, if the pond is empty we have to pay for each l. we need Shocked (the pond is always filled good Smile ) the world climate is in change and we cant stop it or run away .......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: