PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Vikings are coming?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: The Vikings are coming? Reply with quote

Hi,

Just thought I would follow the nice tradition of introducing one self that you have here. I started posting here yesterday so better late than never. I have been lurking around in the shadows for some time and this seems a really nice place.

I am a Danish guitar player living in The Netherlands, where I also studied at the conservatory. Like most musicians I am part teaching and part playing for a living here. In fact I am just about to go teach some Metallica and Green Day etc. to unsuspecting teenagers. As for the playing part I am mostly playing modern mainstream jazz if that makes any sense as a genre. Check out my website for more info on me like biography, mp3's etc. Any feedback is welcome.

Jens
PaulD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jens, I've been listening to and loving the clips on your site. Welcome to the forums

Paul
Bjorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej Jens....Another Viking aboard..... Very Happy ....Welcome.....

Rart at se en anden landsmand her......

Later..........

Bjørn.
ed norton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guitar. I listened to "Corcovado" and "Like That", sounds pretty good. You look a little like Steve Howe. later
Jazzy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jens...

Nice playing on your site Smile

Michael ( fra Norge - vikinglandet Smile)
Jens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks guys!

endnu en landmand, utroligt saa mange bønder der er her efter haanden.

I think Bjørn and I could start our own expatriate danish jazz guitarist forum.

I did not know who Steve Howe was so I found his home page www.stevehowe.com and saw the picture on the first page "thanks" Laughing I was not aware that I looked 30 years older than I am. It is the same kind of guitar though.

Later
Jens
Bjorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jens wrote:
Well thanks guys!

endnu en landmand, utroligt saa mange bønder der er her efter haanden.

I think Bjørn and I could start our own expatriate danish jazz guitarist forum.

Later
Jens

Hahaha, Landmand??? Very Happy ....

I dont know whats going on, but I cant open your website.... Confused

So, you´re in Hauge, I have for a long time wanted to visit that jazz festival, looks like there are allways tons of good names...

Later...........

Bjørn...

Btw, do you have problems with the æ and å..??....I noticed you got the ø.
So the æ is on ''alt''0230 and the å is on ''alt''0229...... Wink
Jens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjørn:
Actually I copied the ø from your name...

I'll remember the codes, it is quite useful. Don't know why you cannot open my site I never had that before.

The jazz festival moved to Rotterdam last year, 30 or so km away. Instead we had our own pure festival which didnt make enough money and I just heard that I get 35% of the money I was supposed to get to play there. If they ask me to play there again I'll ask cash op front I think.

North Sea is very intense but also alot of fun. Personally I cannot see so many concerts in a day. I think I'm done after 2 or 3 shows. Especially if its like Charlie Hunter then Pat Metheny and then Kenny Garrett.

Jens
Bjorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jens wrote:
Bjørn:
Actually I copied the ø from your name...

I'll remember the codes, it is quite useful.

hehe, the ø is ''alt''0248 then..... Very Happy .....

Quote:
Personally I cannot see so many concerts in a day. I think I'm done after 2 or 3 shows. Especially if its like Charlie Hunter then Pat Metheny and then Kenny Garrett.

I remember some of my friends who went there 3 or 4 years ago said that besides shows all the time, they had to make some difficult choices all the time.
For example, Herbie Hancock, Jonh Scofield and Michael Brecker where all playing at the same time, though on different stages..... Shocked .....

I dont remember if these where the exact names, but they where all in that range.....

Thats really crazy I think, but offcourse its cool since the festival obviously have the money to have a such quality pattern of artists....

Bjørn.....
Jens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I remember some of my friends who went there 3 or 4 years ago said that besides shows all the time, they had to make some difficult choices all the time.
For example, Herbie Hancock, Jonh Scofield and Michael Brecker where all playing at the same time, though on different stages

you indeed need to make a choice which artist you wanna see and be aware that is takes 30-45 minutes to get from one room to another because of all the people.

They can pay such artists because the tickets are around 90 euros a day and they don't pay national artists that well.

It is still fun to go there though even if it is hard to choose what you wanna see when Kurt Rosenwinkel is playing at the same time as Chris Potter....

Jens
Bjorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jens wrote:

They can pay such artists because the tickets are around 90 euros a day and they don't pay national artists that well.

It is still fun to go there though even if it is hard to choose what you wanna see when Kurt Rosenwinkel is playing at the same time as Chris Potter....

Jens

So its like you pay that price, and the you can see whatever you want from they open until closing.....??
Guess 90 euros isn´t much then, even though its alot of money.... Laughing

Bjørn
Jens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So its like you pay that price, and the you can see whatever you want from they open until closing.....??
Guess 90 euros isn´t much then, even though its alot of money....

well if you see 4 shows, I think 5 is probably max. because it takes quite long to move from one place to the next, but 4 shows is still 20+ euro pr. one set show, that is actually not that cheap compared to the prices around here anyway.

But even if I moan so much about the price, I have to say that some of the best concerts I have ever seen were at North Sea. I still feel the energy from the Dave Holland Quintet 4 years ago that concert really blew me away. I saw Kurts next step quartet and I've seen Brad Mehldau live a few times.

I just also remember thinking that after a good concert I might as well just have gone home and not be tired and disappointed about what I saw after that. That is ofcourse only saying something about me.

Jens
hanni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and hallo jens,

the jazz festival in rotterdam was great, i watched it at night on tv Laughing
ingeneri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ingeneri on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyways, welcome and please have a beer at a brown cafe for me.

Just came back from a jam session in a brown cafe, I'll keep you in mind next time I'm there. I came to the Hague in 98 by the way. A few more years and I cannot cook anymore..... Laughing

It was not the North Sea festival that did not pay, it was its replacement which(maybe obviously) had a few problems getting started.

Jens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: