PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot DVD!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Hot DVD!! Reply with quote

Hi fellow jazzers,
Have just bought and watched Diana Krall DVD Live At The Montreal Jazz Festival. Great band, but oohh what a guitar player. Very good solos but great comping!! I can't believe I've never heard of him before Embarassed

Line up: Diana Krall (der), ANTHONY WILSON (guit), Robert Hurst (bass) and Peter Erskine (drums)

Anyone else seen this? Opinions?

Check it out!

By the way, a little rood of me, I should intro myself. Steve from Oz. Played guitar for 20 years Shocked Play a Yamaha Aex1500 as my main jazz axe through a Fender Twin. Play in a Tenor Sax, Upright Bass trio and a Tenor sax (different guy) Duo and a six piece soul band. Gig about once a week. Like jazz. Like jazz? Love jazz! Favourite players/biggest influences: Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Jack De Johnette, John McLaughlin, Elvin Jones, and Herbie Hancock.

Nice chattin with you from Western Australia
chordspinner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Anthony Wilson Reply with quote

G'Day, Steve! You might already have seen/heard Diana Krall's "Live in Paris" DVD, on which Anthony Wilson became really known to the world. Jeff Hamilton is on drums and John Clayton on bass. A great feeling throughout the concert! I haven't heard the one you mentioned yet, so will check it out. Thanks.

"You're either at the gig or waiting to go to the gig."
steve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Krall dvd Reply with quote

Thanks chordspinner!

Actually the drummer I play with has the Krall dvd that you mention and now I'm keen to get if off him.

I picked up another dvd at the same time as the Krall one called 'Tribute To John Coltrane" with Shorter, Liebman, Eddie Gomez (bass), Richie Bierach (piano), and the very wonderful Jack De Johnette on drums. Another great buy. De Johnette really works out on this concert in Japan, as opposed to his more controlled self with Keith Jarret.

Steve
singe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celebrex - http://www.bestrxpills.com
steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: snigger Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm wearing my corset, 'cause I thinks my sides have just split.
PlayJazzGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Spam Reply with quote

Singe - please refrain from spamming this forum, if anyone is interested in your pharmaceutical products they only have to open their email. I will permanently ban you if you continue! Thanks for your co-operation.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: