PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any interest in a Forum face lift?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Polling Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Change the Forum Look & Feel?
Yes, I'd like a change!
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
No, Leave it as is.
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Any interest in a Forum face lift? Reply with quote

I've been considering giving the forums a new 'look and feel' but certainly wanted to get your input on what we'll do.

Here you'll be able to see some examples (some better than others) of forum styles to choose from.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=14

If you see one or know of one that interests you, link to it please.
Yagyu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe give more options in board style (in profile) and everyone will choose something for himself
bluestraveler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I don't like about the Forum is having to log in twice. Once to get to the member site with a username and password that was given to me when I joined and second to get into the forum with a username and password of my own choosing.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluestraveler wrote:
The only thing I don't like about the Forum is having to log in twice. Once to get to the member site with a username and password that was given to me when I joined and second to get into the forum with a username and password of my own choosing.

The 'member site' has no association to the forums in operation, totally different.

Also, if you use the same computer, you shouldn't have to re-login if you save the login by checking the 'Log me on automatically each visit' checkbox.
ingeneri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ingeneri on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yagyu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is ABC format which allow to write notes in ascii, I don`t know is there any phpnuke/bbcode modification which allow using it, but who knows. I know there is such modification for some TeX tags, maybe tehere is something for abc or music TeX
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing in the ascii or unicode tables to accomidate the WYSIWYG needed to display graphical notes (wholes,halfs,quarters,eights..etc) or incidentals (sharps,flats,naturals,double sharp,double flat,double natural) especially while displaying a staff!

Absolutely it's possible to use a markup language or symbols to represent and render notes on a staff but would require a tool developement and the inclusion of VRML or a mess of images/divs and layers or some other unknown rasterizing (2D/3D) engine.

I'd love to make it happen but simply don't see a way to make it happen without me having to invent the wheel (soo to speak). Rolling Eyes
JakeJew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we all had some sort of simple notation software (and there are a lot of them) and just took screenshots, and playjazzguitar.com had some place where we could upload the jpegs, that could be pretty easy.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeJew wrote:
Well if we all had some sort of simple notation software (and there are a lot of them) and just took screenshots, and playjazzguitar.com had some place where we could upload the jpegs, that could be pretty easy.

That would be a cakewalk with the exception of users posting them, I would have to post them to our forum files area (see http://www.playjazzguitar.com/forumfiles ). Otherwise I would have to open up some part of the file system that hacker types would have a field day with and basically give them the ability to totally wipe us out with one script.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Polling Place All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: