PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HI!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: HI!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Im John.

I play Jazz guitar and am currently looking for work on cruise ships. I have a large repertiore of songs which I've put togther and re-arranged over the past few years. I play a Heritage guitar, a Gitane gypsy guitar and a Steinberger.

Nice to meet you all! Very Happy
Bjorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, Wellcome.....

Good luck with your cruise ship search.
I was offered a place on one last summer for 3 months.
But as a danish student on scholarship here in Brazil, I could´nt stay away from shcool a half semester, if not to repeat that same semester unfortuneatly....
But its a good buisness...... Very Happy

Later..............

Bjørn.
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, JohnB!
JohnB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bjorn!

Thanks for the message. if you have any useful contacts that you could offer me then that would be great!

John
Bjorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
JohnB wrote:
Hi Bjorn!

Thanks for the message. if you have any useful contacts that you could offer me then that would be great!

John

Hi John,

I really dont have any contacts unfortuneatly.
I was playing Piano in the theatre play ''A mid-summer night´s dream'' where I got hooked up with a drummer which was the one who had contacts.
That cruise ships scale is between Rio grande do sul (south Brazil) to Bahia, via the states: Santa Catarina, Parana, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Espirito Santo.
Maybe you can find something about it, but the large repetoire you say you have, will in this case have to fit only Brazilian music styles.

There is a style called Axé (a stupid brazilian dance-pop thing) which is played during the afternoon at the swimming pool, then at the early night there is MPB (Música Popular Brasiliera - Brazilian Popular Music), which is not actually Dance-pop, more what people are used to hear in the radio.
And the there is the "Piano Bar'' late at night, which is instrumental Bossa Nova, Samba and Jazz mostly.....
Which is the main reason my friends take these ships. Payed practise.... Very Happy

All this information might be useless to you, but at the same time good since you now know that at cruise ships in Brazil, only plays brazilian music.... Wink

Sorry that I could not be more helpfull.....

Bjørn....
seansdadj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John. SJ here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: