PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nylon noob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazmungus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Nylon noob Reply with quote

Hi,

Figured I'd better introduce myself,

I'm gary, I have a big nylon fettish - er, nylon strings I mean....

I usually try not to admit to playing 'jazz' as there are so many weird interpretations out there as to what the term means, but to give you an idea, most of my sets are my own straight forward chord melody arrangements of old standards - which I shamelessly love....

There are some staged practise vids of me on my youtube page, I need to update them actually, but it'll give you some idea....

anyway, hi all!

_
gary
MorganS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Nylon noob Reply with quote

gazmungus wrote:
Hi,

Figured I'd better introduce myself,

I'm gary, I have a big nylon fettish - er, nylon strings I mean....

I usually try not to admit to playing 'jazz' as there are so many weird interpretations out there as to what the term means, but to give you an idea, most of my sets are my own straight forward chord melody arrangements of old standards - which I shamelessly love....

There are some staged practise vids of me on my youtube page, I need to update them actually, but it'll give you some idea....

anyway, hi all!

_
gary

Wow ho ho Gary control yourself Wink there are kids on these forums. Jk. Well welcome, to the forum. Never be embarrassed to say you like jazz, or play it for that madder. If you play smooth jazz, thats a different story Razz . I am also quiet the straight ahead jazz player. I like the old standards, and chord melodies. I'd like to hear you play the tune of the month. (Vote yesterdays). I will be posting my music for the first time also this time around.

Morgan
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Gary!
gazmungus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Nylon noob Reply with quote

MorganS wrote:
I like the old standards, and chord melodies. I'd like to hear you play the tune of the month. (Vote yesterdays). I will be posting my music for the first time also this time around.

Morgan

Hi, Morgan, Jazzerchick...

Nice to here that you like the same kinda tunes

Aye I'll have a look at the tune of the month, just found where it is on the forum - thanks for the tip off...
cadence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary, welcome Very Happy

Odd you mention what is "jazz" as there was a thread on that recently, and I think the jury is still out on that one.

Hope to hear you play, I love the sound of jazz played on a nylon string.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: