PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

online jam (or education)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: online jam (or education) Reply with quote

hi, i ordered a new mic http://www.thomann.de/de/the_tbone_sc440_usb.htm
and now i´m interested how does an online jam workes, i have to know it before i ask some others to do it, is it working with icq or skype? did anybody have done it?
Eb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it several times with my banjo in a bluegrass context. "Jamming" as you know it from the real life doesn't work because of the large latency of internet connections (even the fast ones). Each of the player will play in time with the sound he or she is getting out of his own computer, but the other players will always hear him or she as being too late.

What actually does work are workshops or showing other people licks and such. In the bluegrass banjo world there is the Banjo Lounge, which is basically a chat with the option of one person speaking (or playing) at a time. I participated several times and it works very well.

Since I'm a total newbie in the jazz guitar fields I don't know what's going on here Wink .

Oh, btw it works the same with Skype. We tried that as well. I don't know whether ICQ offers the option of a voice chat.
hanni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks, schön noch jemanden aus Deutschland hier zu treffen Very Happy - nice to meet another one from germany here Very Happy its a very nice forum here,

hm, i have dsl and don´t checked it with this highspeed line, i checked it with singing, an isdn landline, a cheep mic with a soundcard plug in and a fritz pci card, some time ago, we used a phone conference over all channels, it was a terrible sound and nobody was going on at the same time Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Let's Jam! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: