PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arjazz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: New Reply with quote

New to this forum so though I would make a post and say hey. Been playin guitar for about 7 years now and been heavily into jazz for the last two. I am definatly still an ameture jazzer but I'm really enjoying learning more about jazz and improving. Also been listening to alot of jazz in the last couple years such as Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, Earl Klugh, Miles Davis, and Louis Armstrong. I got some tunes that I wrote up on myspace, tell me what you think. http://myspace.com/adamrushtonjazz
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Adam. Listened to your tunes. I liked the second one best
because I like the natural guitar sound better than effects. Sounds like you
have good ideas. Do you do any standards? Maybe you can add to our tune of the month performances.
arjazz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comment on the tunes appriciate it. yeah i'm quite into the natural sound myself but sometimes i like to mess around with different effects and stuff. yeah i play some standards like i said i'm still gettin better so i only know like 10 or so standards. whats this tune of the month thing all about?
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tune of the month is chosen by a group decision then those players
that wish to do so can post their version during the month.
Look at the Post your Music heading. It's really great to hear all the different players.
There is a list of the 100 tunes we should know and usually the tune is
chosen from there. They're deciding on the tune right now so you have a month to work something up.
hanni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and welcome Very Happy yes this 100 tunes are fine im just play a view of them, because there are so much more interesting tunes in the jazz world, i think we never can play them all Very Happy
arjazz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow really cool idea, glad i found this forum i will definatly try and contribute for the tune of the month, sounds fun and it will help me improve. i will see if i can learn this months asap Smile. thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: