PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some sad news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cadence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Some sad news Reply with quote

I haven't been around here much because my father and I werepreparing for a concert of both of our compositions. We have played together before, and I have played concerts of his music but we had never had a collaboration like this before. Needless to say it was a lot of time practicing but it was very worth it,and I know he was having a blast too. The concert was supposed to be today.

Well,he died suddenly this past Wed. at the age of 55. It's not fair but I suppose that is life. He was just starting to write some pieces that had parts specifically for amplified archtop guitar too, there was a really cool one that we were going to do for guitar clarinet and cello. And of course he always wrote for me the best bass music I could ever wish for (bass is my first instrument).

I know this isn't jazz but this is a song I wrote for him the night after he died, if any of you have lost fathers or close family you might like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sj2XkE46nM

Anyhow, I imagine I'll be back more,maybe now I'll have time for the tune of the month again, although I wish I didn't.

-Paul

Last edited by cadence on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, your song is beautiful and heartfelt and I'm sure your Dad truly is watching over you. My most sincere condolences to you and your family on your loss.

Paul
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, So sorry for your loss. Your song is very touching and I'm sure you're
Dad hears it and is very proud.
mr. beaumont

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, paul, i'm really sorry to hear that. i'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
“For the guitar is the most unpredictable and least reliable musical instrument in existence...and also the sweetest, the warmest, the most delicate, whose melancholic voice awakes in our soul exquisite reveries.”

Andres Segovia
ed norton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry to hear the news of your father's passing. My dad died of heart-attack at age 50 in 1989. It was all of the sudden just like your dad. It's been almost 20 years and I still think of him everyday. It's gonna be real hard, and I wish you the best in your efforts to heal. I found it best then to stay around friends all the time.
arjazz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very sorry for your loss, great song.
Bjorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cadence,
Sorry to hear your sad news.
My father past away during the first year of my studies i Brasil, and it was a very hard time to be long away from family and friends...
Your song is beautiful, I hope your doing well....
Take care,

Bjørn.
hanni

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for you too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: