PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Birthday Les Paul!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Detlefsen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday Les Paul! Reply with quote

Les is 93 today, and still has his regular Monday night gig at the Iridium.

I just hope I'm able to even hold a guitar when I'm 93. Or recognize one. Very Happy
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or still be alive.

Happy birthday, Les!
greentone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Les is a super guy, as well as a super star Reply with quote

On the occasion of the appearance of Les' Capitol Box CD Set, I interviewed him for a magazine article I was commissioned to write. Les was very informative, kind to a fault, witty, and just a perfect interview.

I was then, and continue to be inspired by Les--the man, the inventor, and the musician. He has been a tremendous force in music. He has been a super role model for me, personally, in terms of presenting music to an audience--it's the song, dummy. Think about the lyric and the melodic statement that's being made in the song and give the audience something to linger on. That, and rhythm! Chops, for their own sake, are soon forgotten. (You'd better have them, though. Les sure has had them throughout his career.)

Happy birthday, belatedly, to a great, great man.
Viper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to get this about Les Paul's birthday every year at about this time.

Happy Birthday, Les.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: